I am so sorry, but instead of an update this is a vent.
Everyone tells me "it will get easier". I am starting to think everyone is full of crap and of those everyone, no one has raised three boys at once. I can not tell you how many times I have cried in just the last two days alone and this is going into week three. I miss the fun we used to have, the laughter that we shared, and most of all the feeling of being a good mom. Today while Everett was in trouble for smearing the Desitin all over for the third time. He was in the middle of crying and stops to say. "Daddy come home? Daddy come home?" All he wanted was a relief from me. That was the biggest kick in the gut I think I have had in a long time. Of course this all happened after Tehl was in time out for kicking Aubrey, Kaiden had just been in trouble for clunking Aubrey in the head with a train, Everett scratched Tehls back, Kaiden clawed Tehls face, Kaiden broke a 4 gallon crock by bashing it into the wall, Tehl kicked Kaiden pushing through him on his way to time out..... I don't want to think about it anymore.
Yes, I was present the entire time all this happened. I do spank, but after you do that to each of them twice you feel like all you are doing is beating your children. I keep thinking if I had.....it would be better or if we could go to....it would be easier. Well, the reality is that we are broke we can't do anything, we can't go anywhere so we are going to muster up the strength and get through this battle. Trust me, talking to the Lord through out the day helps to! I love my kids and know in my heart everything will be fine. But in the moment of your child crying and you feeling like the worst human being they know, it's always hard to remember that. So thank you for listening to my vent and I will post a happy update soon! :)
Oh ya. Here is something funny that did happen today.
At lunch Kaiden and Everett were already on their second helping while Tehl had yet to pick up his spoon. This is the kid that could live off of chips and ketchup if he was allowed to. I was getting ready to give K & E their dessert and told T he couldn't have his until he took one bite of his lunch. He didn't say a word, picked up his spoon and took A bite of a noodle. He can't stand mushy textures like jello. He has his eyes closed as he is trying to force himself to chew. Finally he says "no like in Tehl's mouth, no like in Tehl's mouth!". I am laughing hysterically trying to hide it as I get the washcloth and tell him it is ok, he doesn't have to eat it. I make him a chicken burrito and we finish lunch. The funny thing is he ate the stuff I orginally served him for lunch the night before for supper without a problem. He is a funny man.
How old are the boys... sorry I can't tell b/c the about me section says they were born in 08 but it seems like they must be older than that? I hope that it will get much better for you, but since I have never done boys before I can't make any guarantees. I do know with my oldest (she's 3.5) we hit a hard spell again just before age 3, and I had to really use my Love and Logic parenting book a lot!! Maybe you could check to see if they have the Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood at your local library as well?
ReplyDeleteHTH!
My BBB are 3. They were born on 11-2-05. I would love to try the Love and Logic. I have listened to "Don't Make Me Count to Three". Sarah
ReplyDelete