Sunday, November 30, 2008

Oooh geesh, it's been awhile since I've posted so bear with me this will be a long one!
On Nov 25th I decided to head to my Mom and Dads in Norfolk and spend the week. I needed to get out and you can't exactly do that in BBow without actually being stuck outside in the freezing cold. There is nowhere to go inside to let the kids do something different and we needed different! Finally I mustered up enough guts to make the 3hr drive with 4 kids under the age of 3 by myself. I had everything packed and was ready to leave, asked the boys to sit on the couch while I went downstairs to load the cooler. Aubrey was sleeping.
I get downstairs and just as I get to the freezers I see liquid on the cement. I think I didn't just see that and open the freezer. Reality. I did see that. The stand up freezer has died and it failed to tell us! I stood there holding the door open staring in disbelief as I take in all the meat now dripping. I'm not sure what to do or where to start so my emotions decide to take over for me and I start crying. All I can think is, I just cut up and bagged 20 pounds of chicken breasts and pork chops. Not only are they in there but so is the gigantic prime rib roast I am cooking for Christmas dinner, the hamburger.....ok you get it. Having meat in the freezer ensures that we eat every day. I finally get a grip realize that the center of the meat is still froze and start drying all the packages off and putting them in the chest freezer. As I am trying to clean up the mess that takes an hour to do the boys are getting restless. Can you blame them? I hurry get it cleaned, meat switched, cooler loaded, boys loaded and Aubrey wakes up. Great. It's time for her to eat and now half an hour past the boys' nap time which is what I wanted to travel during. I opt to chance it. Change her diaper and head out the door. During the half an hour wait in construction I feed Aubrey and give the boys a snack. We made it to Norfolk by 6:30pm and the kids were starving. Mom had some yummy homemade chicken noodle soup ready to eat when we walked in and I breathed a sigh of relief. Thank the Lord we made it without a catastrophe.
My sister Debbie and her daughters also came home to ride some horses and have our sister Serena give them all some riding pointers. When they finished at the horse barn they made it to Moms around 8pm. As I was talking to Serena and Debbie I noticed Serena was standing with her hand on her hip while she talked and if you know my sis you know she doesn't do this. I was trying to figure out what her deal was then looked at her hand and she was sporting a gigantic ROCK!!!!!!! Of course I wigged out on her and asked what was on her hand, she said smirking "well, I am engaged"! YAY YAY YAY! I am so excited for her. She is engaged to a very nice guy and he's a multiple. How can you go wrong with multiples? Ok, I know I'm a little biased on the subject. Anyway, he has a twin brother and an older brother and like my husband all their names start with "J". So the big day is Sept 5th 2009. I am very proud to be her Matron of honor and since I am a sappy person I of course bawled when she asked me. Then got even more excited knowing I can plan the showers, the bachelorette party, the.... :) This will be fun!
Although the day started out a little frustrating it was a great day and we had a fun filled week while there. We took the boys to the kids museum, to the mall to play at the kids zone and the boys decided the arcade was cooler. We introduced Serena's co-workers at the bank to them and breathed a sigh of relief when we left that the 8ft water fall structure in the bank was still standing. The triplets thought it was a fun play toy, then a loan officer thought it would be great to give them footballs. Well, the footballs quickly met the water tower and we left FAST! :) We went to see the building Serena is going to have the reception at, it's very nice and updated. Sunday morning we went to church at First Christian. I absolutely love this church and wish it was closer I would drive every Sunday to go to church there. They have the best praise team and a great pastor. You don't get bored and ready to leave during the service. Before you know it the service is done and your spirit has actually been fed. It's a very rewarding church and I miss that. So....
After church we headed back to M&D's to eats lunch. Dad had a buddy of his and his wife over for lunch. They wanted to meet the triplets and Aubrey so Dad invited them over. They were very nice and I was glad to meet them. Dad talks of them often and it's nice to put a face with a name. Then we loaded up and headed home. We had a great week and I am so glad I was finally able to go home. Mom has been so gracious and come to my house every time I have ever asked without complaint. It was so nice to go to her and have the kids see their grandparents house. It was funny this last week when Everett was crying in time-out he started saying "Go Gramma Neen's house!". :) Funny stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment