Tuesday, December 9, 2008

When you live in a town that has 3,000 people you have to be creative on entertainment for the kids. So after being in the house for a few days again we headed to town. I needed to get some dog food and a congrats card. I have heard through the grapevine that there is a couple in town pregnant with triplets and I wanted to send them a card. So I take all four kids into the hallmark store and instruct them that they can't touch anything Mommy doesn't. Of course all the Web Kenz's animals are displayed at the kids' eye level. So as I am trying to read the cards the boys are throwing all these animals at me to show me what they have found. It was very chaotic, but they were great. Then we headed to Orscheleins (I can't spell that stores name to save my life!) to buy some dog food and the kids fell asleep. So I drove around for a bit then went to the ranch to see how Justin's day was going. The kids woke up around 4:30 and Justin was doctoring some cattle. Of course they are excited to wake up and find out they are at the ranch so we drive through the cattle for them and they watch Justin ride the 4 wheeler back to the shed. They love to see this and I can't wait for the day he can take them to work with him. They will all love it, they like to be outside and with him. I will be able to help him out too and we won't be stuck in the house all the time. Anyway as we were going to check water levels on the tanks Justin spotted a cow out and we all got ditched. Since the family burb isn't the best at crossing corn stalks I took him back to the ranch and dropped him off. The boys threw a fit because they wanted to stay so I told them we would go get Taters food and see the tractors. We get to the store and ride every ride on toy they have! Yes, we had fun and I am sure the employees think I have officially lost my mind. I don't care the boys had a fun time and didn't hurt anything. So we grabbed our dog food after 45 min of riding toys and headed home to eat supper. This got us through another day and we had fun doing it. Now, what are we going to do tomorrow? :)

Aubrey has been teething like crazy the poor girl. She has two bottom teeth that are through and on the top she has one middle one and the eye tooth next to it has finally come through. Her upper gums are so red and FULL of teeth. I think she is going to be eating steak in a few days. I can't imagine the pain she is in and I keep her on Tylenol and teething tablets with some ora-gel in between. She is tougher than I am going through this that's for sure. She loves to hear men talk and smiles so big anytime someone pays attention to her. She had the man at Orscheliens wrapped around her finger and I keep thinking she better do it while she can. When she gets bigger her dad and brothers aren't going to let any men come near her. In a way, that makes me smile. :)

The boys have been doing great potty training. Yes, I am attempting it. But geesh it's hard. Harder for me than it is for them. I keep forgetting that I put a pull up or underwear on them and before I know it an hour has passed and I haven't taken them to the bathroom yet. Kaiden reminded me the other day. He was so proud to be wearing a pull up that he says "wear Lighting pull up!" then reality hits me and I realize it's been over an hour since I put it on him. I rush them all to the bathroom and thankfully they all peed and no one had wet drawers. They are staying dry in the mornings then by the time we get through lunch and I get Aubrey fed I get all screwed up and forget again. So hopefully as they get the idea it will continue to improve. It has been a lot better than I anticipated and I think it's because I know they are physically ready and they want to do this. In a way I feel like they are training themselves, does that sounds weird? :)

2 comments:

  1. Potty training, ugh. Give me back the 4 hour feedings, at least I was too tired to think it was hard :)
    I tired the "boot camp" method and it was not happening. I gave it a break, tried again in a few months and then they basically did like you said and trained themselves. I think it is really just a matter of them being ready. Good for you for seeing the signs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about the feedings! Sometimes I wish I had those back. We were scheduled, they stayed where you laid them, and your house didn't get destroyed. Oh but the fun we'd miss right?!

    ReplyDelete