I can not believe there are only two more Sundays before Christmas is here and I am not ready. I love to soak in the Christmas season and get all the decorations out. Well we have the fake tree up downstairs with garland only for fear of ornaments flying we didn't put them on. The Nativity is out and that is about it. I feel like the days are passing before I can get something done.
Friday Justin and I had to go to North Platte for an appointment so we left the boys here and took Aubrey. My sister Debbie lives 45min away and she graciously volunteered to watch the boys. Thank goodness. I dreaded having everyone out the door and to a wonderful friends (Beth Ottuns) house by 8:30 am. The kids don't even wake up till 8 and I don't care what is happening I don't wake my kids up to go somewhere. I'm not one to inflict something on myself so I have never woke them up I always make appointments around their schedule and our life stays happy. Well this wasn't an appointment I scheduled the government did and we had to go with the time given. Anyway, while dressing the boys in the morning Kaiden says "wear Uncle Mike shirt" this is any shirt that happens to look like camo. :) Debbie arrived at 8:30 and we left.
We had a great day and it was so fun to take one baby with us. Wow, to have one would have been boring. I think we would have fought over who was going to hold her, feed her, play..... Aubrey was a great baby, she slept the whole time and was happy for the short time she was awake. We couldn't have asked for a happier babe. We made it through Wal-Mart and after donating $300 to them for oatmeal, diapers, wipes, baby food, and toiletries we went a couple other places and headed home. Debbie said the boys were good for her and they had a good time. She brought them some cookies she had made the day before and that made their day. They kept saying "Aunt Debbie cookies". It is so nice to have a sister that lives close by I don't know what I would do without her. She has helped me in so many ways.
Saturday we got a call as we were rolling out of bed at 9am from my niece Bridget who lives in Alliance NE. She is 16 and decided she misses her kids and wants to drive down to see them. So we said by all means come on over!! Dressing Kaiden again this morning he says he wants to wear another Uncle Mike shirt. Geesh I am going to have to find a store that is closing out on toddler camo because when one wears an Unlce Mike shirt they all want to and I don't do laundry that often!! Bridg made it to the house around noon and we played and got caught up on all the fun things happening in her life. One of us has to have something going on! Then at 5 she drove me over to a friends who had lost a baby at 22 wks pregnant. I had cooked a meal for the family so we dropped it off stayed to chat a bit then went to rent some movies.
Let me tell you I could probably spend a week all day watching all the new movies that are out. I couldn't believe how long it had been since I had seen a new flick! Made me feel old. The boys hung out for a bit and as we were getting ready to read stories my BIL Sterling stopped over. His son Sawyer was wrestling in town (I live across the street from the high school) and he was dropping a cup he had borrowed off. I fed him some apple glazed pork roast and mashed potatoes we had had for supper before he headed back. He and Justin started watching the game, Bridg and I read to the boys, put them to sleep, Sterling took off, and we started watching the movie. We rented Step Brothers and it was funny to start with, but was so not worth my time. It was stupid. :)
So today as Bridg was walking out the door Mom called to see what I was doing this afternoon. I said not much. Justin is roping and we are hanging. She and Dad are going to drive down and visit then head home tomorrow. Yay!!! My lil sis is getting married in Sep and wants to try on my wedding gown. I told her I have a gigantic tote she can have and do whatever she wants with so Mom and Dad are coming to pick that stuff up. My Dad is having surgery on Tue to remove a growth on his back so they have to head home tomorrow. The boys are very excited to see them, but every time I ask them "guess who's coming to see you?" they always say "Uncle Jimmy" Funny stuff! They love their Uncle Jimmy (Justin's brother) and think he is coming to visit every weekend. I am so glad our kids know their family and that they are loved. What is better than that! :)
I know what you mean about "Step Brothers", we watched it last night, funny to begin with but I can think of a million other things that I could have done with that 90 minutes.
ReplyDelete