Friday, December 12, 2008

Today was an experience and a fun one. A friend of mine needed someone to watch her two girls since my husband called her husband and asked him to work on the one day she had planned to finish her Christmas shopping. I was excited for a change of pace and thought the kids would enjoy playing together since they haven't been able to do that. So Mike dropped off Lillian who is four and Sydney who is three and at 9 am we started our adventure of a 4 yr old, four 3 yr olds, and a 9 month old hanging for a day. Oh ya did I mention the 3 yr olds are all remembering to use the potty and we have an open door policy since the triplets are all boys. Poor Sydney!! I never thought twice about it till she yelled "GET OUT!" and pointed her finger at Tehl. Geesh I felt stupid. Sorry! So I ask Tehl to get out and pray that he can hold it till she finishes. Does anyone know a 3yr old that hurries? I have a toddler seat on the toilet and two potty chairs in the bathroom so they can all go at once and I can help them at the same time. Made sense to me, so Tehl can't figure out why he is all of a sudden being booted out. I was laughing so hard, I didn't know how to explain it to him, reassure her it wouldn't happen again and hope I didn't have to change any ones britches. Whew!
We sat down for lunch and everyone ate like they had never been fed. Thank goodness because food always improves the attitudes. They all wanted to go outside and play so out they went. I tried to get lunch cleaned up and Aubrey woke up. She is such a happy person, it's always fun to go pick her up out of her crib. She laughs so hard she snorts and is so excited she curls into a ball while sitting up. The whole time her lil' bottom teeth are gleeming. You can't help but smile and give her a big squeeze.
By the time 3:45 pm hit the kids were dragging. I put a Veggie Tales movie in and they all sat down to watch it. I thought oh good I'll get supper ready. As I turn around I see Everett sitting at the table with a bowl of oatmeal and Kaiden heading to his chair with a bowl. Umm... ok I guess sit up there and eat and we'll have oatmeal for supper. I make five more bowls (the boys usually eat two bowls every morning) and ask Lilly if she would like a bowl. She just sat down to start eating and Mike walked in the door. We had a great day playing and the girls are so nice. They are aware of feelings, and play nice together. They respect everyone and listen to me too. :) These are the kind of kids I like to watch!
Justin ropes on Fri nights so he came home to see how things were going, asked if we needed anything I said nope I think we're good and he headed out the door. The boys start wrestling after jammas are on and The Fox and The Hound is playing. My voice was falling on deaf ears so Everett got kicked in the nose by Tehl, Tehl got scratched on the cheek, Kaiden was squished at the bottom of the dog pile and Aubrey got squished by Kaiden and Everett as they were trying to knock each other down. That was it. I sent them all to bed and it was only 6:30. I gave them each a book, left their light on, tucked them in, told them they could read and I would be back to tell them goodnight. I didn't care if they read for an hour, they just needed some down time. I gave Aubrey her bottle laid her down and everyone was sleeping. Everyone but Big E that is. He decided he had to go to the bathroom and I am very excited to say not only did he go, but he pooped on the potty!! I don't know who was more proud him or me! For those of you with kids I know you are rejoicing with me. So by 8:11 everyone was sleeping and I am so excited I don't know which project to tackle first!! Have a great night everyone. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment