Saturday, December 13, 2008

Wow, we had fun today! Last night as I tucked the boys in I told them we would go to work with Dad tomorrow and help him build fence. Well this morning after breakfast they remembered! They haven't remembered anything overnight yet, so this is a first. I was still trying to get Aubrey's breakfast put together when I turned around and Kaiden was wearing his bombadier hat, they all had coats on and Tehl was asking me to put on his shoes. I almost fell over! Do you know what it's like to heard water? Well, that is what it is like to get a trio out the door. Everett is always the first ready. Kaiden has to make sure the other two have their shoes and socks. Tehl will lolly gag around until you physically dress him and send him out the door. Oh, and the more you say "hurry up", the slower they will go. So to find them all dressed and ready was a milestone! I was so excited, but then had to tell them that Aubrey still had to eat and get dressed.
We made it to the ranch. When we pulled in the little voices in the back of the burb started giggling and saying "Daddies pick-up" they were so excited. We caked the cows then headed over to string some electric fence. Let me tell you piling six in a single cab pick-up is tight! I left Aubrey in her car seat so I wouldn't have to hold her and that took up a good chunk of room but it was fun. I drove, Everett sat btwn the door and I and played with the window controls, Kaiden sat next to me and played with the radio buttons, and Tehl sat on my lap to help drive while Justin walked along and hammered in T posts. I wish you could have seen the fight in the cab when Tehl reached over and touched Kaiden's radio buttons. While he was trying to defend himself he kicked Everett and the fight was on. I felt like a cat in the middle of a dog fight!
We finished there and went home to eat, then headed back out to see Santa at Orschelns. Tehl is not a fan of that guy! I convinced him to go up there by saying if you get your pic with Santa we'll go down a few isles and check out the John Deere's. He went up there took a few pics and walked away. :)
They are so funny to listen to. They are starting to say "oh, tank you" "bwesh you" "no, no Auby go in my room" "Mewy Cwistmas!" The conversations btwn them are the best I wish I could capture them and keep them to make me smile.
Aubrey is growing so fast. She will be 10 months old on the 20th and is wearing 12 month clothes. She is determined to play with boys, has decided she is a BIG mommas girl, and loves to hear a mans voice. While feeding her tonight she started clapping and looked at me, so I copied. Then she raised her hands above her head doing "so big" so I copied, next she waved bye bye. She was so tickled that I was mimicking her and I was so impressed with what she was learning. The minds and imaginations of children are so fascinating, and even more impressive when they're your own! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment