Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Every day is an adventure. Let me tell you about today's. :) We have been working on potty training so we spend 90% of our day in the bathroom. This morning was no different. Except Tehl had wet his underwear and I set the Thomas undies and wet pants next to the toilet, went into his bedroom and got him changed into dry clothes, and we headed back downstairs to the playroom. Around 11:20 I was just starting the instant mashed potatoes while Everett went to the bathroom. I turned the burner on high to boil the mix and just as I placed the milk/water/butter mixture on the burner Everett rounds the corner and says "flush Thomas underwear in toilet". I said "OK hop in a chair and I will get your....Wait, what did you say?!" "flush Thomas underwear in toilet". I am thinking he doesn't really mean "flush" he just means "put". So I take him in the bathroom with me and all I see laying on the floor are the pants. I say "Everett show me what you did with the underwear. Show me" So he leans his head over the toilet and repeats "flush underwear". I am thinking Dear God if I have to call the plumber to retrieve a pair of Thomas' I will be MORTIFIED. So I flush the toilet to see if it works. Nope. Nope. It doesn't work. Not only does it not work the water is rising fast!! I grab the plunger and start plunging and miraculously the water receded. Yup, the 3 yr old was telling the truth. The underwear are in there and I'll be danged if they are coming back! So I flush and plunge three more times, flush seven more and the water seems to be fine. I get Everett a pull up and just as I am getting them pulled on I hear the potato mixture boiling over. Dang it, I HATE cleaning up after one of those!! I race through the house pull the pot and hear Tehl and Kaiden who are still sitting at the kitchen waiting for their lunch say "uh oh Mommy spill, uh oh Mommy spill!" Yes, it is ALL my fault. I think I will send myself to time out for thirty minutes with no toys. Aaahhh to think of the peace that would be. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment