Sunday, December 14, 2008

The other day when we went out to the ranch Justin took Tehl in the tractor with him. He just loaded the feed wagon and went to top it off with some liquid mineral. To do this he has to get out of the tractor and push the button. So he gets out sets Tehl down next to him and starts the mineral. Well Tehl freaks out because the tractor is running and it's really loud. He decides he has had enough and comes to the suburban with me. I trade Tehl for Kaiden and the rest of us head home while Justin and Kaiden finish feeding cattle. Later that night we are getting ready for bed and as I am helping Tehl into his jammas he looks at me with wide eyes and a very serious face and says "Johnny Tractor so big! Johnny Tractor so big!". I try my hardest not to bust out laughing and say "he is big isn't he, but he has to be to pull all that feed in the wagon". Nothing more was said, but I thought it was funny how his little mind was still thinking about that. He absolutely loves tractors and anything with wheels; he'll point them out in the movie, as we drive down the road, in a book, and I still drive through John Deere every time we go to town. But to get in and actually ride in one is still a little overwhelming for the little man. As a Mother I like that, it means he still needs comforted and that I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment