Saturday, January 31, 2009

I wish I could sit down and post every day. Since I can't here is a quick update on what has happened in 10 days. :)
We left for Norfolk to meet Justin's brother so they could continue north to MN to go ice fishing. The kids and I stayed at my Mom and Dads for the weekend and watched it snow. On Sat we all loaded up and went with my sister Serena to pick out a bridesmaid dress. There was a bridal shop in Columbus she wanted to try out so we caravan an hour down. We walk in the store and the sign says "Please help us keep our dresses clean, remove your shoes". Ok, so we pull six shoes of the boys and ours and head down stairs to the dresses. I turn to look at Tehl who has been bouncy off the walls and all of a sudden isn't moving. It hits me he has peed his pants!!! Well, remember that part about removing the shoes? Ya, the pee went straight to their super clean carpet when it could have been contained in his shoe! I take him to the bathroom and get him changed apologizing the whole time since I failed to ask the boys if they had to use the bathroom after an hour long car ride! Serena finds a style she likes, but decides to order from Norfolk so we head to a shop there and order dresses. Yay, mission accomplished!
The old time John Deere tractor show happened to be going on at the mall in Norfolk and my Dad really wanted to take the boys to see the tractors. We call after leaving the dress shop and he meets us at the mall. The boys had a great time and Dad had a good time lifting them on and off tractors all day. Yes, all day. We were there as long as the boys were happy and content. We only left because we all got hungry. Thanks Grandpa for the fun day!! :)
We went to church on Sunday and then returned to the mall for more tractor fun. Mon we headed home with Mom following us. She came to Broken Bow to help watch the kids while Justin, Tehl, and I headed to Kearney on Tue for Tehl's surgery Wed morning. We got to our Korth's house, our good friends, around 8:45pm and hit the hay. We made it to the surgery center at 6:30 am surgery started at 7:30 am and was over by 7:50am. I couldn't believe it. Well, the nurse had still not come to get us by 8:20 and I was getting worried. We were only waiting for him to wake up! Justin said "Hon, he didn't sleep at all last night, he is probably tired and sleeping while he can". That helped me to relax a bit. Finally the nurse came and we went back. He was being held by a nurse and doing great! The nurse said they did need him to urinate before leaving to make sure everything was ok. He peed like a champ and we headed to breakfast. I was amazed. He was in great spirits, acted as if nothing happened, ate breakfast, and asked to see KiKi and Everett. He just wanted to go home! What a trooper.
Wed night Justin was playing with Aubrey and she took four steps for him! I couldn't believe it. I thought you little over achiever what's wrong with one step at a time? So now Justin works with her everday to see if she will take more. I am not in a hurry for this so I sit and hold her!
Thur night Tehl was throwing a piece of his train track across the play room and Kaiden just happened to walk in. Walk into the flying track. He had an instant shiner and fell asleep at 5:30om rocking with Gramma Neen. At 9pm he woke up and would not open his eye. I knew something was wrong because a 3 yr old can not fake a Popeye that well. Finally I get him to open it and the eye is completly red, but looks ok. So we haul him to the eye Dr in the am and she said it scratched the cornea of his eye. She gave us an antibiotic and we headed home. Later that day Kaiden walks up to me and says "KiKi's green eyes feel better". That made my heart smile. :)
Sat I decided I would like to move Big E in the room with his brothers. I think this will help them be a little closer and Big E misses all the night time chat that happens. I remember doing this growing up and it was always my favorite time of the day. To lay in bed, talk, and laugh with my sisters was very bonding. There are times when I can tell Big E is not part of the "group" and I think this will help. So with Moms wonderful help we moved Everett's bed from Aubreys room, Kaiden and Tehl's bed from their room and got all the dressers out. By this time Justin came home and he and I moved our king size bed to the boys' room and the boys' bed to our room. Whew! I think we made it. We finished making all the beds and switching all the closets by 7pm. We put the kids in jammas, read stories, and all four were sleeping by 8:40pm. We are scrunched in our rooms, but at least the triplets are together. I am bummed I have a blue room with construction equipment wall paper though. :) Tomorrow we are headed to church and Mon to Kearney to the dentist and to see my sister in-law Gina and their kids. Should be a great time!

So lately the triplets have been excelling in how they converse. Not only with each other, but with adults also. I have been in hysterics laughing and it has not been beneficial while trying to discipline, but geesh the things they come up with are funny. Kaiden seems to be the one that is going to tell me how it is and what he is doing and why it IS OK. The other day he was standing at the top of the steps asking me to open the gate because his arms were loaded with tractors. I said "no, you need to take the tractor back down to the play room. You have your jammas on, it's time to read stories and go nigh-night". He looked at me like I had three heads and said "I have Johnny Mom!". Like telling me he has Johnny tractor and not just A tractor is going to make a difference. I stopped looked at him and couldn't keep a straight face. I said "I'm sorry, but Johnny has to go back to the playroom." So without moving his body or his eyes off of mine, he simply unfolds his arm and lets Johnny tumble down the stairs as if to say "fine, there, he is downstairs". I want him to just go to sleep so I open the gate and we read stories.
The other day when they were all three at the table Tehl was making some loud noises. Very normal for him. It was bugging Everett and Everett says "Tehl, be quiet" Tehl says " no tell me be quiet Big E!" as he pushes Big E with his pointer finger. So Everett says "Tehl you too woud, and push me, go sit in cownar!" By this time Tehl is out of his high chair sitting on the table in front of Big E and trying to show him who is boss. I am laughing at Big E trying to be the parent and I get Tehl off the table.

1 comment: