Monday, January 19, 2009

This wknd went so fast! Sat we headed to Runza in town to celebrate a friends 3rd bday. I told the boys we were going to sing Jackson happy birthday and eat at Runza. I didn't have to ask them twice to get ready! We had a good time and the boys loved seeing all the presents. I feel guilty taking them to a party and then telling them they can't play with all the cool toys they see. They did a great job and seemed to understand. I told them if we go to Jackson's house and play then you can play with the toys. They were content with that and decided to take in some cake that was so yummy!! Sounds like we were really lucky though. Beth called today to see how we were all feeling. It sounds like someone at the party was carrying a flu virus and spread to a lot of the people there. By the grace of God we were skipped and not one of us has gotten sick. I shudder at the thought!! We haven't been sick since Oct and I was feeling pretty happy about that. I know we still have a LONG way to go, but I am keeping my fingers crossed. :}

Then Sunday we tried a new church. It was great!!! The boys seemed to remember where they were and headed straight to nursery. I was shocked. They have always sat with us and they do good staying quite and busy, but that's because we are always tending to them to keep them quiet and busy. We can't fully focus on the service and that bothers me. I like to leave a service feeling fed, like I just learned something I can apply to my week. They happened to be having a pot luck so we stayed to visit with some members and it was a good opportunity to get to know them a bit better. The Pastor's wife called today and asked if I wanted to come to a play date tomorrow. Of course!! We are headed there and hope to have some fun while meeting some new people.

What started out as an ordinary day today turned into some fun. My good friend Cammy called around 10 this morning and asked if I had any plans for the day. Ha Ha that's funny, ummm nope just dealing with keeping pants dry and underwear washed. That's my "schedule" for the next few days. :} Anyway, she decided since she had the day off she would head up to see us. She and her son Chase arrived just as we were finishing lunch and the boys were excited to see them. We headed downstairs to the playroom and stayed there for awhile. It is funny to watch the triplets interact with another person to play with. Since there were four of them it seemed they kept splitting into groups of two. Kaiden and Tehl who always play together split and Kaiden and Everett played while Tehl and Chase buddied up. It was interesting for me to watch because things that normally happen btwn K & E while they play together, cause gigantic boxing matches and they played together today like they have always been best buds. Tehl and Chase seemed to get each other. The louder, the more crashes that happened, the bigger the better. They seemed to feed of each other and it was funny to watch.

I haven't been outside with the kids in a LONG time unless I go to the grocery store or church. We haven't been able to get out and just have fun, relax, and enjoy each other. It has really begun to wear on me and I know the kids notice. Kaiden and Everett got to asking if they could go outside and play. Well, I haven't been able to get out and get the dog poop picked up so I told them we better wait. The wind was blowing 30mph (no I am not lying, that is true wind speed) I looked at Cammy and said "how about a walk?". She kinda laughed and said "and where would you like to blow to?". I said we should walk down to the square and let them play at the park. OK. So we bundled everyone up loaded the choo choo wagon and the stroller and headed to the park. It wasn't bad actually. Till we headed back!!! Holy crap the wind was in our face and I thought I will never be this desperate to spend time outside with someone again. We should have just walked around the block and called it good. Oh well, it was fun and everyone was bundled so the only ones truly suffering were Cammy and I. Sorry Cammy! I hope you still love me. :} This makes me that much more excited for an indoor play date. However, I am still counting the days till Summer. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yes i still love, you!! and i needed to workout that day anyway... It was fun, we need to do it more!!! i promise we will try! Thanks for having us!-Cammy ;)

    ReplyDelete