Monday, January 12, 2009

The boys are all in underwear!!!!!! WHOO HOO I am so excited and sad at the same time. I am happy the $100 a month we spent on diapers can now go towards paying the credit cards we bought them with. I am happy I don't have to make sure I have diapers and wipes for four kids in tow at all times "just in case". I am happy they are capable of mastering this developmental stage. I am sad that I am still wiping butts, now instead of with a wipe it's toilet paper. I am sad I have to do laundry every other day because we still don't have the money to keep enough underwear on hand for three kids for at least four or five days. I am sad that the cute diaper butt is gone. With my kids there is no butt. I am sad that no diapers means they really aren't babies anymore. They are true toddlers. Awhile ago I chuckled at my sister when she was emotional about her daughter graduating high school. If I am this bad over loosing diapers, I am going to need medication to get me through the triplets high school graduation!!! LOL :) :)

The potty training has been such a ride. I get to thinking about my day and I really can't believe how much time we spend in the bathroom. It's all worth it when the dry pants continue to happen, but what is it about one person saying they have to go to the bathroom and it can't happen alone?? And why does it have to be announced? I keep thinking "can't you all just go in the bathroom, do your business and come out without telling the whole house?". Then when they get in there it's like they wait for each other to get "in position" around the toilet and they all three have to pee together. Trust me this has been getting a stop put to it, but it seems to happen without them thinking about it or actually waiting for each other. They can move around each other without difficulty and I always seem to be the one in the way. Ok, sorry. You may have been womb-mates, but I carried the womb and I need to be here!!! Poor Aubrey always tried to join in the commotion and they refuse to let her come in. Someday she is going to grow and they will all be payed back for more than just the bathroom ousting! :)

I am almost done with the potty training topic. On Fri Tehl decided he wanted to wear the dinosaur underwear and I told him you have to keep your monster trucks (pull-ups) dry before you can have your dinosaurs. I have let him wear the underwear b4 and it's been pointless. Thankfully something clicked and he was dry all morning so in the afternoon I gave him his dinos and said, if you wet the dinos you have to wear monster trucks again OK. So keep em' dry. Sure enough he was dry all day! Same thing on Sun and Mon morn he even woke up dry. Talk about over achiever! Well, now that he has been monitored so much we are headed to Kearney to see the Dr. The poor buckaroo is having trouble and I am praying he doesn't need the circumcision re-done. My sister Debbie is going to drive over and stay with Kaiden, Everett, and Aubrey so I can take him in. It sounds like if this is what they need to do they will do it then and I didn't want to have the others in tow just in case. I am so thankful I have family that live close by and are they are willing to watch the kids. I called three people to see if they could help and they were busy. If I call a stay at home Mom, I feel like I am dropping a preschool off and when it's a trip to Kearney it's never under five hours. So if I am paying I can't afford it and if they volunteer I feel like I am using them. Again THANK GOD FOR FAMILY and keep Tehl in your prayers that he doesn't need another procedure.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did it go? I would have asked at MOPS if I'd read this earlier:)

    ReplyDelete