Tuesday, January 20, 2009

We had fun today and not only did the kids need it so did I. We headed out at 10 to go to a play date with a four and half year old boy named Austin. Austin has some pretty cool toys and the boys were entertained the entire time. They instantly found the remote control John Deere tractor and Track Hoe. I didn't see much of them and it was wonderful to be able to visit with the three other ladies there. I definitely needed that, but I didn't realize how much. I am thankful for the ladies in my life that are willing to reassure me this phase will pass and to cherish the "moments". I can tell myself that everyday, but it's so much better to have someone to relate to and not just my own mind trying to make everything OK. So we played and chatted and headed home for some lunch.
After lunch it was beautiful outside so we all loaded in the choo choo and headed to the square to play. It was WONDERFUL! Aubrey giggled and yelled the whole choo choo ride and voiced her opinion when the train stopped. She is quit the spitfire! The boys had a great time and I ran into another lady that was letting her older boys play. Our kids decided to entertain each other and time flew. Michelle Thompson saw us and came to hang with us too. She is such a great person and I love it when she drops in to see us. I decided the triplets probably needed to take a potty brake and asked if they wanted to walk over to Emily's to go potty. Well, they all come walking up and Big E says "Go pee in dirt!". What??? I have never shown you this. So I am thinking, "OK do I say, nope we need to go inside" or drop trowel here and guarantee dry britches. I decide to guarantee dry britches and take them to the nearest tree. Michelle is a high school student and I can only imagine what she is thinking as she is holding Aubrey and watching our fiasco. As I am trying to help Big E pee outside for the first time I realize we are getting sprayed at!!! Well Tehl apparently had his ducks in a row because he was peeing like a champ. A champ who hasn't had surgery yet and he can't control where he is pointing. I quickly replant Big E and reach to move Kaiden who has his britches at his ankles too. Finally we are all in a safe zone and I begin helping Big E and Kaiden. It hits me that if anyone is watching us I am sure they are shaking their heads trying to figure out what kind of a Mother I am. Well, I am the experiencing kind. I learn from experiences and try to laugh while learning. We had fun today and I could tell that we all needed a day like today.

2 comments:

  1. Hey--you know what I say...."I don't care where they pee...as long as it's NOT in thier pants!!!" AND If anyone was shaking thier heads at you--they obviously DID NOT have boys!! : ) You have a great day and I hope you get to go outside...it's nice AGAIN! WOO HOO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too funny! My husband does the same all the time!
    You are more than welcomed to show the pics! My sister said I should go into business...but with triplets...we will see!

    ReplyDelete