Well, Tehl has decided he likes the idea of using the potty. WHOO HOO!! There is a God. :) So today as he is super excited that he has peed on the potty he barrels out of the bathroom yells "pee on potty!" and goes back in the bathroom. I praise him and walk to the bathroom to help him get his drawers up and I was not fast enough. The poor kid has my sense of balance, which doesn't exist. As he is bent over trying to pull up his underwear he falls sideways and makes no attempt to catch himself. He rams into the door and has caught just barely the edge of the door on his ear. He comes jumping out of the bathroom with his pants at his ankles holding his ear and bawling his head off. I of course and laughing my butt off and trying to be sympathetic while not letting him know I am shaking because I am laughing. I am holding a half naked three year old and trying to be compassionate. So we re-collect ourselves and he decides that he can still do this and manages to get his britches up without incident.
Later after Justin got home from work, he was installing a web cam on the computer. I love this man! I have been visiting with my sisters Stephanie and Rosanne who have a cam and I don't so when I try to talk I feel like a mute. Anyway, he came home with it today and said here is a late Christmas present. YA!! Anyway, I was going to say that I was talking to Everett and after looking at his face I saw a rash. I thought well that's weird it wasn't there a minute ago, we haven't been anywhere, and he hasn't eaten anything for awhile. Then as I look closer I realize it is exactly what I get when I get cold! NO!!!!! I don't want this poor child to go through life with crappy hives that itch and burn just because he got a little chilled or something of a cooler temp touched his skin. I get hives on my arms when I carry pkgs of frozen hamburger that rests on them upstairs. It's the stupidest thing I have ever seen and I am the only one in my family that has them. Did I mention that I have 9 siblings and I am the only one that has them. UGGG! I would have rather been alone than have Everett join me. I just pray that the other kids don't end up with them either.
Aubrey has been sleeping a lot lately and I think she is going through another growth spurt. I don't know what we are going to do. I just took two boxes of clothes out of her room that she out grew and I don't have anything to replace that with. Come on Summer I have a naked baby! :) She is such a sassy girl and very funny. She has begun copying me when I yell at one of the triplets. I will yell something and the next thing I hear is her yelling. Very funny to see that. She loves to wrestle with Justin and play with him. It's not fair because when I hold her and try to get her to go to sleep she is all over the place and when he does she snuggles in and crashes. Tonight when I took her sleeping little body from his arms to lay her down I couldn't. I turned back around and sat in the rocker and held her while she slept, it was wonderful!
So the nightmares are really beginning to take shape. Kaiden and Everett swear there are dinosaurs in their room. Last night Everett comes into our bedroom and says "no, no dinosaur sca me" (scare me) I reassure him they can't fit in our house and let him snuggle with us for awhile. I love that we are his safe haven, but wish they didn't have to go through the "scarries". If you have any recommendations on getting them through the night terrors or how to stop the hives from the cold please comment! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment