Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Surgery. It's such a simple word. But to a Mother it makes her hold her breath, worry, wonder what she can do so her child does not have to endure it. It doesn't matter if the procedure is simple or complex it's scary to me. The other day I took Tehl to the Dr and he sent us right to the urologist who confirmed that Tehl has Meatal stenosis. Meatal stenosis is the name given to the narrowing of the opening of the urethra. In the majority of cases, this is the opening at the tip of the penis. This narrowing is enough to affect urine flow. So he will have surgery on Jan 28th to widen the opening. Part of me wishes they would have whisked him off to suregery and gotten it over with. I hate the anticipation and the waiting. After leaving NICU I was hoping we were leaving for good. My wise Mother has told me time and again, "Sarah, you have three boys you should probably purchase your own comfy chair for the hospital waiting room." I don't want to!!!!! :) This is where I hate being the Mom, but I am so thankful I am here to comfort them.

On another note. I am a very organized person. I hate clutter and I like knowing where everything is, it allows me to function. Well, somehow I have managed to get unorganized and the CF card that I have protected for three years is lost. I took it out of my camera to download a picture of Kaiden to send to my sister Stephanie. It is the funniest picture and I am sure someday he will make me pay for it, but it is such an innocent child pic. Kaiden was so excited about his dinosaur underwear and his Lighting McQueen stocking hat and gloves he had gotten for Christams. A couple of days after Christmas he would wear ONLY these three items so I asked him if he would stand in front of the Christmas tree and I would take his pictrue. You should have seen the sparkle in his eyes!! He was SO proud! And I am so bummed I can't share the pic. I have searched and I hope the card shows up because I don't have another one and I can't buy a replacement. I LOVE pictures what am I going to do if I can't take them? :}

2 comments:

  1. Oh girl... my heart aches for you as surgery is hard for a mommy to endure! But on a good note, Sam just had his first (and I hope only) surgery at a ripe 9 months of age. I would guess that the surgeries are similar since Sam's was to actually move his urethra... he was born with the opening on the bottom side instead of at the tip. Know that I will be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little guy:( I will be praying for him and you as well;)

    ReplyDelete