Well, we made it through the weekend and had a great time. I had a friend from high school book a Thirty One show with me so I went to stay with my sister while I did the show for her. Justin was unable to make the trip with me again so three of the kids hung with their Aunt and Uncle while I did the show. Since the show was scheduled at 10 am we went in the night before and were able to spend some time with them. Josh took the kids to the barn where they had a new batch of kittens and handed the triplets each a kitten. It's basically the first time they have ever held kittens and so when the thing hissed and scratched Kaiden he just opened his hands and let the little thing crash to the ground. Of course when it hit the ground the kittens breath left and he made a loud meow sound. The kids starting laughing and the weird noise so the kittens went right back to their home before the triplets starting dropping them to hear "funny noises". Boys are so crazy. Serena whipped up some fabulous margarita's and we enjoyed those while catching up, it was a gorgeous night and the bugs were minimal. It was so nice to be at their house.
The next morning' Kaiden and I headed to the 31 show which was 30 min away. It is so fun to have them by themselves because they are so different. He was super quiet and shy when we got there and I tried to tell him to go play with all the kids that were there. Finally after awhile and I took him out to the barn where all the kids were he warmed up and played with all the others. We made it back to Josh's and Serena's around 1pm and Grampa Welsh was there. Grampa said he wanted to take us to a new restaurant in Norfolk to eat that night. This was the neatest place I have ever seen! They turned the old airport terminal into a bar/restaurant and it's called Barnstormers. The bar was so incredible. Where the bar counter usually is it was the bottom of a bi-wing plane so the bar has a bi-wing that is flying out of it. There were model airplanes hanging all over and the ceiling fans were made from propellers. Very cool! We had a good time and it was nice to hang with everyone. The kids loved the place as much as I did so we bought Justin a t-shirt to bring home to him hoping next time he can go with us...and I will remember my camera then too!
We made it home Sunday in good time and the kids were so dang wild. Thankfully they are now in bed and we can get up to do it tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment