We have shut the air conditioner off and I can't believe I sound like my Mom when I say "where has the Summer gone?". The triplets start kindergarten on Monday and as much as I have waited for this day I am just not ready to let them go. I will miss them. We always have so much fun together, but my goodness they have been a busy handful this last few weeks and I am ready for a break!
In July I was getting ready to get the sprinklers turned on, but needed to replace a few heads before doing so. I got the heads replaced around 10 in the morning and naturally the kids were right there "helping" get this done. So when I turned on the three zones that had replaced heads in them the kids ran through the sprinklers getting drenched. Not a problem that's what kids are supposed to do. Just as I finished the project up my Mom called so I watched them from inside while they played outside. A little while later Everett came up to me and asked if he could take his clothes off because he was getting cold since they all came in and the air conditioner was cold. I was still talking to my Mom so I waved him off and said "yes, I don't care go get your wet clothes off". The next thing I know the house is quiet...super quiet. I am still chatting and go to look for them. They have all four taken their clothes off and went outside to ride their ride on toys buck naked up and down the sidewalk in front of the house. Oh my gosh, they were so impressed with themselves they were laughing and riding and having fun. I quit talking. I was so surprised they were actually out there riding naked!!! Who's kids are these?? Surely not mine! So I yell out the window, because I'll be danged if a passing car is going to see me "get in the house!". So they all come in and I ask what were you thinking? Everett pipes us and says "Mom, you said we could take our clothes off.". Simple as that. I guess I learned my lesson in thinking they just knew they had to put other clothes on so now I am very detailed in my directions! Mom was laughing so hard on the other end of the phone we had to call each other back. :)
The end of July brought us road tripping to Texas for Justin's family reunion. I was sweating bullets! A three hour trip to Omaha has taken us five hours and I don't let my kids have drinks in the car. The trip went great till we got to Wichita KS. Before we got there I gave all four of the kids sticker books. I told them for every hour they were kind, respectful, and polite to each other and Mom and Dad they would earn one packet of stickers to put in there book. So after I handed out the first packet I sat in the middle of the seats and helped each child find the number on their sticker in the book. That took about 45 mins the first round and by the time they earned their third pack we made it to Wichita KS to Justin's Aunt and Uncle's with no DVD. It was a great trip and I could not believe how fast and fun it went. After eating supper we walked down one block to the park to let the kids play. Tehl climbed up the center of a dome jungle gym and then let go so he could climb back up. As he was falling down his flip flops came off and he landed on the right side of his back but caught his weight on his right elbow. This kid never cries and he was crying. I asked him to pick his hand up and grab the bar in front of him and his shoulder moved but nothing from the rest of his arm. I had no idea where to go since the town we were in was a suburb with no hospital and it was 8pm. Finally, we made it to the next town and got to their clinic at 8:20pm but they closed at 8pm. So we drove into Wichita had the most horrible experience ever in ER. Since NICU we have had hundreds of x-rays, this is the only time I have ever yelled at a tech and told them all not to touch my child just tell me how you need his arm. I felt absolutely horrible for Tehl the way they jerked, pulled on, and held his arm. The Dr makes it in to tell us it's broke, but we have to see the orthopedic Dr to have it casted the next day. Casting went awesome, Tehl chose a bright green water proof cast and it should be able to come off in three weeks. The rest of the trip and the reunion went great, we drove 754 miles without a DVD player and we all came home happy!
Justin had been in a different town for three weeks and home on the weekends with his new job selling insurance and I thought we were going to crack. We both finally decided it was not worth it to our family and the money was half of what he was making at the ranch if not less than half and a great opportunity opened up for him to work as an insurance agent in downtown Broken Bow. It's about nine blocks from our house, 8-5 M-F, and best of all a great salary we know we can survive on! He had to study like crazy but today he passed his property and casualty test so he got a raise after working there for 11days. Amen!
While Justin was in Lincoln for a training class I had set up a Thirty-One booth at the Custer County Fair so my Mom once again came over to help out with the kids. We went to the fair Mon, Tue, and Wed at noon walked through the animal barns and 4-H buildings then let the kids play in the awesome sandbox. I wish I could whip $200 out and build them a sandbox, but doesn't look like it's going to happen this year. Hopefully by the time we can get one they aren't too big and think it's a dumb idea!
Today was crazy. I woke up feeling like my head was going to pop off and after the Dr told me it was strep I got two shots. One was basically Motrin on steroids and the other was an antibiotic. At noon my sister and her two daughters showed up which was fun. Then we had to head to the triplets elementary open house at 6pm. I was sure to wash my hands before going in and when I came out and I didn't touch my face or sneeze or cough. I am just praying the kids don't get it after the first day of school. If they are going to get it I hope it hits tomorrow, but that is serious wishing I think! I am finally feeling better with the pressure in my ears relieved a little and finally being able to swallow without making tears well up. I don't have time to be sick darn it!
The boys were so giddy about going to see their school and classroom. They kept asking all day, is it time to go yet? They will be able to ride the bus and they say their favorite part of school is going to be the bus ride, eating lunch at school, and taking a nap there. I am so glad they are excited and I am too. In a way. I am really ready for a break and they are really ready to learn. I want so much for them to go to school, but letting them go means I am loosing my little buddies. I cherish our time together and loved being able to take them places even if it was just for a walk or down to the square so they could play at the park. Aubrey will start pre-school two days a week on the 22nd and I will have a couple mornings to myself. I am excited to be able to ride again. Wish I had the shoulders I had in college and I could rope again, but as long as I can get out and ride I will be one happy Momma! So here are some pictures and thanks for reading!
Tehl with his nurse; she has twins!
every kid should just get a box as a present, they love them! This is Kaiden's farm.
they were ecstatic to stand on "Route 66" that runs through Radiator Springs
standing at a gas station that said nine cent gas and the boys thought was "Flo's" from Cars
No comments:
Post a Comment