Tuesday, June 7, 2011

So today we got up and hung out since we had such a long day yesterday. I don't think anyone started to function until around 11:30 so we ate some lunch and by the time 3 rolled around the kids were going bazerk. I needed to run some errands at the businesses on the square so I thought "we need a quick bike ride". Oh ya, it also reached 101 today. So we get on our bikes, Aubrey is in my bike trailer and Everett decides he is going to pull the wagon behind his LOADED with stuffed animals. Kaiden refuses to ride his bike and opts for the trike which is five times too small for him. He has to peddle ninety miles an hour to get his trike to go thirty. I drop the argument, let him ride whatever he wants and we head to town. By the time we get to Holcomb's Aubrey and Kaiden have to pee and can't wait so we barrel in the door and an elderly women with her sun bonnet is walking out. The kids are dancing so they won't pee and this lady grabs me and says "oh, sweetheart you have to be careful of the sun. My neighbor just died of melanoma". What????? Lady, I am sorry for your loss thanks for the concern now can we get to the bathroom before we have a clean up in isle 3? Ugghh, no I didn't say that. I tried to be nice and then just had to ditch her so I could get the kids to the bathroom. Too late, Aubrey didn't make it. Great, now we get to worry about skin cancer and butt rash. :) We got everything done and just as we are going to head home they decide we should go to Trotter's for happy hour. Every one is doing great so I think "sure, we can do it". I had taken five bottles of water with me and we have already drank three so we sat in Trotter's to finish our drinks then headed home. Just as we got in the middle of the square all went south. I have no clue what happened to Everett but he decided it was time to cry...and cry, and cry. The next thing I know Tehl is crying. What the heck??? Finally by the time we came to the tracks we are all walking except Kaiden who is still peddling ninety miles an hour and keeping up with us who are walking slow. Everett cried loud enough for those across town to hear him for the last three blocks home and Tehl cried the last two blocks all while I was laughing. I didn't know what else to do and I was really shocked they were loosing it. We finally made it home at 5:32 and we are supposed to be to the t-ball game at 5:40. oopps...I think I just saw that Mother of the Year Award blow away! I send them all to the basement since when we walk in the house it is now a sauna and the air conditioner has crashed. I carry Aubrey to her bed because she is sleeping and go to check on the boys. No one is moving and they are all sprawled on the floor. I have them lay there for 10 minutes while I get their t-ball shirts, socks, shoes, caps, gloves, and sunglasses. I take it all downstairs and we slowly get changed. By the time the last kid is ready the other two are wrestling and boxing, yep we are ready to go. So we barrel in the burb and head to t-ball getting there at 5:50. Whew, we made it!
After the game Everett who I was most worried about pitched a fit because he wanted to stay and watch the next team play! What? I can't figure these kids out. I thought "they are going to be exhausted, get them home, fed, showered, and into bed. Well, it didn't happen like that. We came home I made the burritos, we ate out on the deck, they played outside till 9, came in colored and played awesome together, and went to bed at 10 while I cleaned up the kitchen and started packing for Omaha tomorrow. While tucking Everett into bed he says "Mom, I love the smells that you are and thank you for letting us play t-ball." Too cute, and made me feel like I just be on the path to earning that Mother of the Year Award!
What a crazy fun day!
We will go the Omaha zoo tomorrow then Aubrey has a neck/spine apt on Thur and Tehl has his asthma/allergy apt on Fri and we'll come home, with all wearing happy pants...I hope! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment