Last week we went to Omaha because Tehl and Aubrey had Dr apts. We left a day early and went to the Henry Doorly Zoo taking my nephews Layton and Collin with us. I had asked the Omaha Parents of Multiples club if anyone had a choo choo wagon we could borrow and amazingly a generous Mom said we could use hers. So we got that picked up and headed to the zoo. We had a great time and it was fun having Layton and Collin with us they really helped with the kids and loved explaining all about the different animals to them. The next day was Aubrey's apt and it was raining. Thankfully Kay said the triplets could stay with them since they didn't have anything going and that made it nice to sit in the Dr's office for once and be able to listen and pay attention to what the Dr is asking or doing. We had her neck/spine checked out by a pediatric specialist because she consistently complains of pain. He said she is fine and it's probably muscular so just keep going to the physical therapist unless something changes. That was good news. When we got back to Kay's the kids were all playing outside and having fun so we hung out till around three when they decided it was funny to show everyone the back of their underwear. So I loaded all my kids and took them to the zoo again it was still raining so we went to the IMAX theater and watched a documentary about elephant and monkey orphans cared for by humans and released back into the wild. The kids really liked it however Aubrey couldn't stand watching the 3D movie through the 3D glasses so she took them off at the beginning. I don' how she could see anything without them, but she was content! After the movie we headed to the gift shop because the day before Tehl had been trying to get me to look at a "tiger in a blue purse" that he wanted. I had no idea what he was talking about and finally asked a worker. She said they are in the north gift shop but would bring one over right away. Not really what I was wanting her do to, but thought "oh well, we can at least look at it". Great thought anyway. As soon as he saw it he got all giggly and said this is it! He had a grip on it that showed it was going home. I thought great if he gets one everyone is going to want their own version. So I asked the others "Guys would it be OK if Tehl gets his animal today and then in a couple weeks when we come back you can get yours?" Everyone said yes and I thought well that was easy. We checked out and headed to the car. That's where the confusion hit. Everyone was talking about how we were coming back the next day and they were all telling each other which animal they were going to pick out. So I tried to explain it would be longer than just one day.
So the next day we get to Tehl's Dr apt, he is finally able to do the skin allergy test on him and he says his medications are finally regulated he can come back in six months instead of two weeks. Great news! Till I remember there is a compromise on the line. So we all get in the burb and as we leave I know I have to go back to the zoo. The kids are confused on where we are going so I explain to them we can go to the zoo since Tehl doesn't have to be back for a long time. The whole car erupted with cheers! I can't believe we are going to the zoo three days in a row. We had a great time though we got there at 11:30 and left at 3:00. Of course we invaded the gift shop and everyone got their animals in a pet taxi picked out. Finally we hit the road and since everyone was dog tired I took the interstate home. They all slept till we hit Grand Island so I pulled into Kohls thinking I could buy a bra quick and they needed to get out. Let me just say that I will NEVER take 5 year old triplet boys bra shopping again!!!! What a disaster, and very interesting I just have to say that they are boys through and through and anything dumb they can come up with they all think is funny. Finally, I gave up and decided I had gone this long without a new one, I certainly don't need a new one NOW. Someday that will happen! We finally made it home around 8pm and we were all glad to see our own beds.
Hehe, makes me chuckle just thinking about 5 year old boys and bra shopping:)
ReplyDeleteAlissa