So the other day I haul the kids to Kearney so the triplets can do their Kindergarten eye and Dr apts. We get to town and complete the eye appointment with flying colors. Everyone can see 20/20 and the Dr is pleased because usually they see 20/30 at this age she says so we head to Tehl's choice of lunch which is Wendy's. So they have ridden in the car for an hour and endured an hour and a half at the eye Dr being still and quiet. We get to Wendy's and I have them sit in the front booth while I stand in line and order. While I am standing in the middle of the line I can hear the kids giggling and laughing as they are jacking around with each other. It is the first time I haven't had to ask them to be quiet and as I am smiling to myself listening to them laughing this lady behind me in line loudly says "Do those kids have parents with them, good granny they are loud." I look her straight in the face because she won't look me in the eye and say "Yes, they do. And they can sit there with each other or be here under your feet. Which you would rather have because I can go them?". I really wanted to say your Mother should be slapped for raising someone so disrespectful, obviously you don't have kids. But I refrained because the sweet looking grey haired lady in line behind her was obviously her Mom and she was embarrassed. We finally get our food and as I am in line for some ranch dressing when my SIL Gina shows up and from across the benches says why are they sitting apart are they fighting. I loudly say "No some old grumpy lady wanted to know if they had parents and she is sitting right there with the glasses". Well, my SIL knows the lady and apparently she works at her Dr office and she doesn't have kids!!! I don't think the lady looked our way the rest of the time, but good grief what a stupid thing to let get under my feathers I was so mad I didn't realize I had responded till I heard myself speaking. I guess I really do have a Momma bear in me and I am glad that it will come out when needed. My kids needed a little release who is this lady to tell them to sit on their hands and be quiet? Gotta love differences of opinions right? The gal behind me in line was sweet and said the kids are fine, it was nice to have some reassurance because you feel like a heel when someone tells you your kids are horrible and no one agrees or disagrees, it was weird.
So we continued on to the Dr apt where everyone checked out fine and then nurse Trish brought in all twelve needles and everything changed. Gina and Madalynn came to the appointment to help me hold kids after shots and it worked great. Usually I have to snuggle them for a second put them in the stroller and let the next one get their shot. This time I knew they were old enough to know too much and I wanted a little help. So Tehl got his first as I held him on my lap Trish gave him his shots. I snuggled him and bit and passed him to Gina and then it was Kaiden's turn. He kept saying "I don't want shots, I don't need shots" and it was with this voice like what he said was going to happen! He is tiny, but that little man can squirm and Trish told him to breathe in and out really fast when she poked him. So at first he started screeching and all of a sudden he was breathing really fast! I had to chuckle he sounded like he was in labor. So Gina scoots Tehl over onto one knee so Kaiden can come snuggle with them, Kaiden looked at her like it was her fault he got the shots and went straight to Madalynn's lap. It was too funny because Madalynn isn't much taller than him, but she was a great reassurance and help. Finally we got Big E's shots in also and were able to take a deep breath...for a second. A friend of Gina's called and told her a big storm was headed towards Kearney and she better get out. So her and Mads left while we finished finger pricks for blood. We got to the Dr at 2:45 and at 4:30 we left only to see a huge wall cloud north of Kearney. So we went to the mall to wait out the storm and we could get home. So we are supper at Arbys and at 6:45 headed home. We got 15 miles down the road only to turn around because the tornado knocked down the cross country line and the highway line across the highway so we couldn't pass. So we drove back to Kearney and stopped at the gas station only to find out that the tornado went through the other direction too. On our way back to Kearney we passed a fleet of NPPD trucks so I thought well we will go back towards Miller and see if they have it cleaned up or re-directed by now. That worked and we finally made it home at 9pm. What a day!
Sarah, I love how you share your experiences with your kids. You do such a good job with them. Praying for your strength;)
ReplyDelete