Friday, October 9, 2009

Today was a test of my mothering ability, my sanity, my patience, my awareness. A test of everything possible. It started out like all mornings the boys waking up happy and saying "I want my oatmeal". I get the oatmeal made and they have to carry the bowl by themselves then they ask me to get them a spoon so I do and they throw a fit because they want to pick it out themselves and it just goes down hill from there. So we have a good morning for 15 minutes at least! Anyway they are getting dressed and Everett is wearing his shirt with a bucking horse on it so he gives the other to Tehl. As he is passing Kaiden his, Kaiden gets in the closet and picks out his Uncle Mike shirt from Gramma Neen with matching pants. Everett begs and pleads with Kaiden to please wear a shirt to match him and Kaiden stands his ground saying no way buddy. Tehl could care less. He didn't have to do the work of picking out his clothes so he puts them on and goes back to the living room to play. To help Everett out I say Kaiden, Everett would really like you to wear the clothes he has picked it would make him feel good. Do you think you could wear the bucking horse shirt today and the clothes from Gramma Neen tomorrow. There is no budging in his reply so I tell Everett it was really nice of you to want Kaiden to match you and pick out his clothes buddy, but he doesn't have to wear them and he has already picked his own out. Finally they decide it's ok for Kaiden to wear what he wants to we and load up to go to Kearney for Aubrey's 15 and 18 month check ups now that she is 20 months old. Just as I hit the highway I realize I have forgotten the triplet stroller, my survival kit for a long day. I refuse to turn around for it because we are already leaving a half an hour later than planned. So I decide to "see how it goes".

We get to Kearney and upon walking into the clinic all I see are kids walking around with face masks on to keep from spreading the flu. I about freak and try to remain calm so the kids don't know otherwise they would have run up and down the halls touching everything just to be ornery. We pick a seat where only we can fit and try not to move. After poor Aubrey got a shot in each leg the nurse then realizes she also needs her 18 month shot and she has to come back and give it. Aubrey did not appreciate seeing nurse Trish walk back through the door with a needle in her hand. After much consoling Aubrey recuperates and we head out the door to Valentinos where we are going to meet Cammy and Misty for lunch. As I am loading the brand new single stroller in the back of the burb one of the front wheels falls off and rolls through the parking lot. Great. I chase it down and get in the car. Lunch was awesome! It was good to see them both again and they are a great help with the kids. They aren't afraid to just jump in and do what needs to be done and I appreciate that so much. We say our good byes and head to Wal-Mart across the street. I park next to a cart corral -I always park next to a cart corral to get kids loaded easily - since I left the stroller. I get out of the burb walk to the corral get the cart and as I open Aubrey's door to get her out I see her screaming/crying and waving her arms. Tehl is spraying OFF in her face!!!! I was so stunned and confused I didn't know what to do first. I turn and look and Kaiden and Everett, they're are crying too. I have no idea how he got them all so fast, but he did. Then I am at a loss of what to do, do I go into Wal-Mart and use their emergency eye flush or buckle them all back up and drive through a bazillion stop lights to the Dr. I opt to get them into Wal-Mart and get Aubrey's eyes flushed. Then I washed all their hands and arms to get the rest of it off praying that is what needs to be done. Kaiden and Everett said it didn't get in their eyes and they had a ball cap on so I am sure they were able to deflect it much better. We accomplished Wal-Mart ok, then as I was driving home realized I forgot the perscription I filled at the pharmacy. Wonderful. We tackled Hobby Lobby, went to the mall to play at the train table. I breathed a sigh of relief when there were no trains to play with so we went to Old Navy to get Everett a winter coat and out the door to Burger Kings drive through for some nuggets and a stop at the gas station to go to the bathroom. Finally at 6:30 pm we were loaded and buckled for the drive home.

It all actually went well with everyone except of course for the OFF episode. The boys are constantly wanting to talk and jabber to me all the time. I know they are just wanting interaction, but it's so hard. I get home and I don't even want to function. Thankfully it is bedtime so I bath Aubrey and Everett, get pajamas on them all, we read stories and everyone is in bed at 8:10pm. Now to take in the quiet to get up and do it all again tomorrow, with snow in the forecast.

3 comments:

  1. Our Bible study is studying the all powerfulness of God. It has been really neat to see that He will give us His supernatural power to make it through each day. Sarah, I pray for your family often. May tomorrow be a day filled with blessing, encouragement and lessons learned. You are so good with your children and I count it a blessing to know you:)
    In Christ,
    Alissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady i am so sorry i wasnt able to be there to help more today. Let me know a few days in advance and i can try to get more time off of work. I loved seeing you and the kids, they are great and well behaved!! kisses to each of them!! i envy you getting to have these great adventures everyday, while i send mine to daycare and miss out on so much. Love you all, see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love and hugs Sarah! What a crazy day you had, oh my!

    ReplyDelete