Sunday, October 18, 2009
I love pictures I could sit and look through some strangers album and be completly content. I have a ton of pictures of my family and when I say "a ton" it's not said lightly. I have them all on disk because if I printed them I would have no where to store them. Thank goodness for the invention of the disk! However, as I look back at the pictures of my kids I am in very few pictures. Justin's Aunt took a picture of me holding Kaiden with a white burb cloth on my shoulder and my hair is a mess. I look horrible. The house in the background is a mess. And I LOVE that picture. For everything it shows. It shows me as a Mother. I just got another one from my friend I call a sister. I am helping the kids at her sons birthday party make a foam turkey, at least in this one my hair and makeup are done! :) I don't watch Jon and Kate Plus 8 and many say she is "putting her family out there". But I am so jealous! She has a great vault to open some day and pick out a DVD to watch of her kids. No wait, not of her kids, of her raising her kids. Sure no one else wants to see that, but she does. If I could have one wish fulfilled I would ask for a photographer to follow me around for a few days. I have all these wonderful memories...Like my Mom sitting at my hospital bedside day in and day out for 10 LONG weeks and playing gin with me EVERY afternoon. I never thought of having the nurse snap a picture!And that my friends is my selfish post for the year. Have a great day! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think that all the time as well. I have very few pictures of myself and chase or myself and Joel for that matter. We are always the one on the other side of the camera. I think my camera is to big to bulk around and want a small one that will fit in my purse or back pocket to catch those memorable but not camera ready moments. We should take turns following each other, sister.
ReplyDeleteTom's parents gave us a video that he had made when he was about 11 yrs old. He's giving a tour of the farm. What I love about it is that it's a picture of his life through HIS eyes. He shows his mom and dad, brother and sisters. I think it would be fun to give the video camera to each of the kids and tell them to make a day in the life. It would be wobbly and probably make us dizzy, but wouldn't that be fun?
ReplyDelete