Thursday, October 29, 2009











Kaiden loved the barrel train--rode it twice!

The kids and I took off for the wknd and went to my sister Serena's in Clarkson. I love going to pumpkin patches and thought we would go with her to the one in Norfolk. We left Friday about 1:30 and finally got to Serena and Josh's about 5:30. The kids did good on the ride, Everett just kept asking "what town is this?" in the middle of pasture land. I kept telling him, it's a long ways I will let you know when we get close. Apparently he thought I was holding out on him. Sat we got up and headed to Norfolk, we met my Dad for lunch and headed to the patch at 2. Just as we were walking from the burb to the entrance it started raining. I thought "I can do this freezing, but I can't do this freezing and with a wet face.". So we loaded back up and Dad says how does ice cream sound, of course the kids are excited with that mention so head to Dairy Queen. Six blocks before getting there I see Tehl, Kaiden, and Aubrey are sleeping. So we nix that plan too and head to Mom and Dads house to wait out the sleepers and decide what to do. Finally they wake up and we head back for ice cream. As we walk out of DQ the sun is shining and the clouds are gone! Yay, we head to the patch at 4pm and have a GREAT time. It was fun to have Dad and Serena along. We took in everything they offered, however the triplets were not impressed with the pumpkin cannon. I had them standing by the fence saying "watch this, they are going to shoot a pumpkin out of that cannon. It will be cool!" The cannon goes off and all three clamp their hands around their ears and Everett starts crying. Tehl and Kaiden start running, but aren't sure where to run to! So much for cool. We make it through the other fun things there and head back to Serena and Josh's for supper. It was great to be at their house and the kids had a good time. We stayed until Mon and it made me wish they lived a little closer.
Tuesday night we are in the kitchen and Tehl pulls out a coloring book. He flips it open with it landing on a page of a crocodile colored green, but his mouth is colored purple. Instantly he erupts and starts yelling at Kaiden. Here is how the conversation went:
Tehl: No, No KiKi! No color alligators purple!
Kaiden: No one can talk to me! ( his way of trying to say don't be mean to me and quit yelling)
Tehl: No coloring alligators purple!
Kaiden: I didn't!
Mom: Tehl, why are you yelling at Kaiden?
Tehl: Kaiden can't color alligators purple.
Mom: Well, how do you know he colored the picture? Who colored this?
Tehl: I did.
We all died laughing and I couldn't even think of what to say next. I was so dumbstruck that I didn't know what to do. Finally, later that night I realized Tehl must have colored the picture then Kaiden while flipping through the book colored the mouth. Only the mouth! Kaiden LOVES purple and usually uses only that crayon. Tehl LOVES green and usually uses only that crayon so they know who colored what without seeing them do it. It cracked me up and I thought geesh it could be an interesting road ahead!
I finally finished their Halloween costumes the triplets will be the three amigos and Aubrey will be a Senorita. I sewed some silver accents on their tuxes from Serena and Josh's wedding and bought Aubrey a puffy Christmas dress. Hope they wear them!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics. The kids look awesome in there outfits!! I went to your blog layout page. LOVE IT! i found one i like, so THANKS!! I need to get some tips from you next time we talk!
    Happy Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete