Wednesday, October 7, 2009

This morning we had another wierd conversation. It seems as the triplets are getting a little older they are really trying to wrap their head around things and figure them out. For some reason I said "Your Dad and I had a wedding like your Aunt Serena and Uncle Josh, but that was a long time ago way before you were born." Everett says "I goin to get merweed too". I said well you have to have a girl friend first, then after you have a girl friend you marry her. He said "I goin to merwee gwama neen, she loves me". Lauging I said "You can't marry your Gramma Neen she is already married to Grampa Welsh". He looked at me with all seriousness in his face and said "well, where Grampa Welsh going to go?". As if to say, so that won't stop me. I died laughing and thought "why are we even having this discussion!?". So we called Gramma Neen to tell her the news and she got a good laugh with her morning coffee.
Today was so nice it got to 74 with a tiny breeze so we went for a walk to the square and said hello to our good friend Dana at her work. She is always so kind to the kids and Everett still can't figure out that her kids are her kids. While we were there he looked at me and said "Where's Dana's friends?". After the third time of asking him, I never figured it out but Dana did. He wanted to know where her three kids were! Cracked me up. I tried to explain to him that they are her kids, we'll see if he puts it together. When we finished we walked across the street and had a donut at the bakery. I don't think we'll sit in there next time. The dirty empty cat cage gave me the creeps. I'll stick to my favorite City Cafe! We headed home and had some lunch then when Kaite (a 4yr old I watch from 2:30 -4:30 three days a week) arrrived we headed back out for another walk. We went to the post office to mail Gramma Neen's birthday card, 71 this year!! Then to the bank to make a deposit and take out a loan. Bummer. Then to the park to PLAY. It was so beautiful and I wanted to soak it up before the forcasted snow moves in tomorrow.
It is funny to see people's reaction when I have the kids. I still use the triplet stroller, however someone has to walk. Today when I had Katie people kept asking are all these kids yours? I just said yes and kept walking. If I stopped to explain Aubrey would through a fit and the kid walking would want to ride and someone riding would want to walk....It's just easier to say yes, not make eye contact and keep moving forward!
I came home fed the family,did poop patrol (the wonderful part of owning a dog), and mowed the lawn. Tomorrow we are headed to the pumpkin patch with the triplets pre-school and I hope the cold stays at bay till noon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment