Sunday, November 16, 2008

Yesterday went so quick! We didn't do anything, but had plans to go out around 6:45pm to a wedding reception and have a sitter. The night rolled without a hitch. All four kids napped from 2-5:30, got up ate a ton for supper. After I finished with Aubrey I gave her a bath, got the boys' jammas set out, made Aubrey's nightly bottle. Everything was done we were just waiting on the sitter. Who is NEVER late. So finally I call and ask if everything is ok. She says "oh my gosh, I am in Omaha right now and completly forgot". Ummm... I just talked to her at noon the day before and everything was a go. I thought my memory was short.
So we loaded all the kids and took them to the reception with us. Justin and I were all dressed, Aubrey was in her jammas, and the boys had their crusty day clothes on. Good thing it was dark in there! We all had a great time and I was able to dance with all my boys. Everett loved it and I hope he'll always let me dance with him. I fear the time when they decide it's not so cool to dance with your Mom. I keep thinking btwn a husband and four boys I could be dancing all night! Have I told you I love to dance? :)
We started leaving around 9:15pm and Justin was talking to a group of his buddies about a roping in Lexington on Sun. (Which he went to and won a little money at!) I said "if you want to stay, you just as well. We're not going to do anything, but go eight blocks home and go to bed. You don't have to work in the morning and it doesn't bother me. So stay and hang." I asked a friends daughter (she's 12) who was bored out of her gourd if she wanted to come hang at the house with us and her parents could get her when they left. I don't think she even hesitated. So Jill and I took the kids home. Our planned night turned spontaneous and we had a great time! I got to know Jill a little better and she was able to get a feel of what it's like to watch the kids. Future sitter right there! She said she would trade free babysitting if I would paint her room, she fell in love with Aubrey's room. I am there! Seriously? To paint a room with no kids, what solitude. I look forward to it. To not have to pay a sitter $10 an hour for 4 kids. Even better. It truly is the simple things.

No comments:

Post a Comment