Friday, November 14, 2008

Well, we are trying not to blow away today. This morning we headed out the door at 9:30 to do our fabulous grocery store run. I plan our meals for two weeks and then purchase the items I need for those meals. I can not tell you how much time and money I have saved by doing this. I was reluctant to start it and wish I would have started a long time ago. Isn't that how it usually goes? Anyway, we arrived at the store I loaded the trips in the stroller and Aubrey in the cart this time. I didn't have time to get her in my front pack with the cold wind so I opted to let her steal all my cart room. I am a little anal and can't stand the thought of my kids sitting in a germ infested cart so I use her gigantic bulky carrier if I don't put her in the Baby Bjorn. We did great till we got to the can isle. I moved my train over to let someone pass and all three arms threw cans on the floor faster than lighting can strike. Then the person I am trying to be polite for doesn't just pass and continue on their merry way. They have to stand their and try to ask me a million ?'s as I am desperately trying to be polite and stop the boys from destroying the store. I am SO SO glad they are in the stroller and not running free as we shop. We clear all aisles and I get to the checkout. As they ring up my endless cart of food I take the triplets out and get them loaded. Come in pay, and then head out with the food cart. The whole time a worker that knows us well is with Aubrey and keeping her entertained. So I load the food then come in and get Little Jelly Bean loaded. As much as it sounds like work, going is actually fun. We all get out, the boys like to see the people at the store and we make it fun. It gets us through a morning and out of the house. Wouldn't it be great if we had a Children's Museum or a YMCA?
After the grocery store, Tehl was yelling "drive by John Deere!". I am not allowed to go straight home after the store. With three boys I have to drive through the John Deere lot, circle three times and head home. Again free entertainment and it makes them happy. I was talking to my little sister Serena at the time and she was laughing at me. I said "you wait, when it's your turn you'll drive anywhere that makes them happy. They are in their carseat, contained, happy, and you are sitting not breaking up a fight. It's really solitude." :)
We made it home, put the groceries away, and all four kids were sleeping by 3:30pm. Yea!! Now were are waiting for them to arise so we can head to a good friends house in Arnold to see their new house and celebrate Mike's b-day. Tomorrow we are actually getting a sitter and going to a wedding reception in town. I am looking forward to a night out with my husband. I hope he asks me to dance, it's been awhile! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment