Well, I am really late on getting this posted but man it's been crazy around here. The boys turned three on Nov 2nd and I took this one like a baby. Their 1st bday was a milestone for us. When you bring home a baby weighing 4.7 it seems like they are babies forever. Then the words of the NICU Drs ring in your ears "micro preemies sometimes don't make it to their 1st bday". Yes, we breathed a sigh of relief on that day. Then their 2nd was fun and they were exploring. Geez their 3rd showed them with no baby fat left the word "NO!" ringing in our ears now and fights happening left and right. Where did our babies go????
We started the morning out with our normal routine. The boys get up around 7:45am Tehl and Everett eat two bowls of oatmeal Kaiden eats one. We change diapers, get dressed and start playing. Then our little Jelly Bean makes her appearance around 8:15am and by the time everyone is dressed its usually 9. So we take the boys down to the playroom to show them their present which is a train. Mom and I spent half the night trying to figure out how to put the thing together. It's a good thing she was there or I would have been up all night! The boys have become fascinated with trains and I wish I could buy all the wooden Thomas characters for them that go to this Melissa and Doug track, but their pretty proud of those. They're $20 a piece! So the boys get the basic and they still call them Thomas, Gordon, Percy, James, Bertie etc.. Gotta love imaginations!
They played with the trains for awhile then we headed to church, had potluck, celebrated their bday, and drove to Kearney to continue the fun. We decided to celebrate at the Kearney Childrens Museum and it was a riot! All the kids loved it and the best part was, it didn't matter where they went they were legal! They could play anywhere and with anything. Some good friends met us there and the triplets were excited to play with Chase Korth and Jackson Ottun at the same time. Simple pleasures right. We had the fun from 3-5 then went to fill up at Skeeter Barnes. I figured since it didn't matter where we went the boys were eating corn dogs so I want my chicken fry. :)
We had a great day and they really understand the whole present thing now. We opened some on their bday. Then by the time we got home we had to wait till Mon to open the rest. On Tue after they finished their oatmeal the first thing they said was "more presents!". I laughed and said sorry boys the birthday is over.
Mom stayed until Wed and it was so nice to have her here. I love to have her help with the kids all day. I get an adult to talk to, trusted advice on what to do and no offense taken if I still do it my way, great stories about my siblings and I when we were growing up, and fabulous Mother/Daughter time I will cherish forever. We were able to leave on Sat afternoon while Justin hung with the triplets and do some "nothing" shopping. We grabbed some chai teas walked Aubrey through the square and sat reading cook books at Holcombs. Nothing is more uplifting to me than spending a couple of hours like that with my Mom.
Wed night I was sitting at the computer and the next thing I know Tehl is standing next to me saying " GO PEE!". I didn't get what he was saying so I turned to him to say what? and he is standing there naked! I say "oh my gosh, run! Run, to the bathroom and we'll go". The whole time I am praying "please don't squirt till we get there!". That little man made it to the toilet and peed like a champ, jumped off, washed his hands and went back to playing. I couldn't believe it!! Then I realized, ughhh I HAVE to start doing this potty training thing. I have been putting it off because I don't want one more thing to have to make them comform to. With it comes more "nos" and rules and requirements and wet beds and wet pants and MORE LAUNDRY. I don't want any of that so yes I have been a COMPLETE wimp and keep saying "they won't go to kindergarten in diapers". Well, looks like they won't go to pre-school in them either. That's a good thing and I am excited about it, still just...... I don't know how to explain it. I added a pic of Tehl and Kaiden on the "pots" in their boots, it was taken in May. Have a great day everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment