Wednesday, October 29, 2008

This morning at 6:50 am I hear Justin leave. I figure oh, I can hang here just a bit longer. Then I hear the familiar sound...THUD Whaaaa...Yes, Tehl has fallen out of bed again. I hear his door open and figure since he is coming to my bed, I'll just wait. However, I forget our door was closed. He walks right into the door and it bursts open. He is now wondering if he should continue walking and I am laughing so dang hard I can't tell him it's ok to come to the bed!!! He makes it over and I give him the hugs and consoling he is looking for. Before I know it there is another body standing next to the bed and I can't tell who it is because I can't see over the mound of blankets he has toted with him. It's Ke-Ke. Kaiden is Ke-Ke, the others couldn't say his name and this is what they have called him from day one of trying to say it. Anyway, he climbs up just gets all snuggled in and cozy. Then Tehl jumps up and says "Go eat oatmeal!?". Well, they fight over who is going to eat the oatmeal out of a purple bowl and Ke-Ke has claimed this bowl for some reason. He isn't about to let Tehl get his purple oatmeal so he darts in the kitchen after him.
Before Justin leaves for work he makes five bowls of oatmeal and between the three of them they eat it all. When he gets it made he sets it in the microwave so it isn't sitting on the counter getting gross. Anyway, they know this and fight over who is going to get what bowl. Then they fight over who is going to wear the bib that has the puppy kitty mouse on it. Yes, we finally bought three of those. This is our morning routine. EVERY morning, without fail there is something to fight over from the get go. I get up talking them through disagreements and I go to sleep doing it. The other day I finally yelled, "Just stop! Stop! Stop! Stop doing anything and go sit down. I don't want to hear myself talk anymore. I couldn't believe I had just said that. My kids are only two and I'm tired of listening to myself as I guide them through the day. Geez I have a long way to go! :)
Well, we didn't nap again today and they did great. Debbie dropped Isabelle off around 4:30pm and we were out in the front yard cutting the hostas (sp). I had Aubrey in her pack n play and the boys were driving their trucks in the drive. I can't believe they are playing so good and making it through the day without sleep. I hope tomorrow they'll nap.
Everett was trying to walk next to the coffee table before going to bed, tripped over his chair and fell right into it. He didn't even get a chance to catch himself. He landed right on the crease of his eye. Where my crows feet are now! :) Instant purple welt shows up. As I hug him Justin quickly gets an ice pack. We get him some Tylenol finish stories and put everyone to bed. No one even argued. 5min later Kaiden comes out (this is clock work for him, he hasn't missed this in one night that I can remember). He comes out and says "uh oh, poopy", I say, "OK go in the living room and I'll change you". We get him changed and he takes his diaper outside to the diaper champ and as I am looking at the neighbors house he had his fingers in the champ! I crushed his fingers and we start round two of healing the hurt. Justin takes him, holds a cold cloth and I get a band aid. So when I sing HALLELUJAH that the kids are sleepping. I truely mean it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment