Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Oct. 20th, 2008
The kids and I loaded in the burb and headed to Kearney for our flu shots. We finally left Broken Bow at 9:30 am and I was not going anywhere without hitting the local coffee house. So after my first sip of chai tea things were instantly better and we hit the road. We made our first stop at the fabulous Wal-Mart and after loading up on diapers and oatmeal we headed to DQ for lunch. There we met up with our close friend Misty Mattox whom Everett decided would work great as a napkin for his ketchup. She was very understanding and laughed it off. Finally we made it to the Dr's office where we all braved through our flu shot. I have never seen someone actually swallow their cry and Tehl mastered it. I went first to show them it didn't hurt and Tehl was next. He laid on the table and looked at me like I had lied to him, but he was not going to cry in front of the nurse! Kaiden and Everett however didn't care who was around and they cried it out. With our main mission complete we were able to do whatever we wanted so we headed to the mall. Aubrey still needed to eat so I took the boys to the train table they have outside the toy store and let them play while I feed her. An hour and half after they had rolled the wheels off the train we went to Bath and Body works. I absolutely LOVE this store and thought I would use the coupon I had to buy one thing really quick. I am explaining to the sales lady all I need to do and I can feel that Tehl has reached his limit and he is about to explode. Explode in fun. He thinks it's going to be hilarious to knock something off the shelf watch it fall, listen to it crash, and want to do it again. So before he can do this, I try to prevent it. In desperation I reach out grab his ear and bring him back to the stroller. The whole time I am at his level saying "I need you to stand by the stroller and don't touch anything. Do you hear me!". He grunts and we push the stroller to the register. As I am paying for my $3 purchase I turn quick to account for everyone. Just as I turn around I see Everett grabbing something off the shelf and Kaiden is reaching for Everett's ear. Kaiden says "Big E no, no! You hear me!" I have never laughed so hard and I am sure the sales lady thought I was one strange person. I have never grabbed their ears before and don't think that it's respectful to a child to that, but I needed to get his attention and I did this without thinking. Then to turn around and see them mimic me so dang fast made me realize I totally got what I deserved!!! Well, we made it home with everyone sleeping the whole way! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment