Wednesday, October 29, 2008

OK, I think I finally got the last one to bed. It's 8:25 pm and all four kids are sleeping. HALLELUJAH!!!! So yesterday we went to MOPS, came home ate lunch, and I waited for the boys to wind down to take a nap. That did not happen. Finally at 3 Aubrey woke up from her nap, thank goodness she was willing to take one. I fed her quick and loaded the trips in the stroller and put Aubrey in my front pack. We hit the pavement and it was absolute solitude. Yay! I kept thinking the boys will doze off in a little bit so I headed toward the square. Downtown Broken Bow for those of you who have never been here. We walked all around and still not even a hint of sleep. Kaiden spots the playground and says "get out, go play". You know what? Sounds good to me, I'll let you play and I'll sit on the bench. Ha Ha, funny. The playground is right next to the streets and there is no relaxing when three hooligans are running. I should have just kept strolling. They had a great time and played for an hour and a half before getting tired.
It is fun to watch them. Tehl could pass a day by picking up sand and filtering it through his fingers watching the wind take it away. However, he has yet to figure out what "down wind" means! Everett and Kaiden make the rounds on the slides again and again. We saw a cat and they thought yay, as they all ran towards it screaming. I swear I think that cat saw each of it's nine lives flash before it's eyes because it didn't stick around too long! Thank goodness, I'm not the biggest cat fan. Aubrey hung out in my font pack till I thought my back was going to break so I spread some blankets on the ground and let her play. Her only interest was trying to eat leaves and I couldn't keep her hands empty and watch the boys so back in the pack she went. Besides some lady was trying to tell me all about her second grandson and how hard of a time her daughter was having dealing with two kids. I was trying to be respectful and listen, watch the boys so they didn't chase a semi as it drove by, and make sure Aubrey didn't have leaves in her mouth. Apparently this lady thought I was really listening because she never missed a beat telling me her story. Oh well, I am sure I will be in her shoes someday if I don't already do that now!
We made it home in time to eat dinner, thank goodness for slow cookers because the boys were past hungry and I don't think they would have been fun to deal with. The barely had all their food shoved in their mouths and they darting out the door to play again. They actually played outside well past dark and no fights happened. It's days like these that makes a Mom think she can conquer the world!
We made it through the day with no naps and they were all sleeping by 8:30pm. I was able to sweep and mop the kitchen and get the living room cleaned up so I could vacuum in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment