Thursday, October 30, 2008

OK, I think it's time for an Aubrey update. First her first tooth broke through on Sat Oct 11th while we were in Norfolk for a Welsh Sister's weekend. She was actually in good spirits through it all. Her second one finally came through on the 25th I think.Then she mastered crawling on Mon the 27th, she is peeling through the house like a bolt of lighting. I think she is so excited to be getting somewhere that she is afraid to stop once she has started going. Justin said she circled the coffee table four times the other night before taking a break. This is the same day that the boys left the gate to the top of the stairs open and she started crawling down them. I caught her mind flight doing a headstand before she could hit the third stair. I sat down squeezing her and after a good cry was able to tell the boys I was ok. They stood there looking at me saying "Uh, oh Mommy crying.". I explained for the countless time that the gate has to be shut each time. On Tue after MOPS she managed to conquer her sippy cup. She loves to drink from them and chew on the spout. She gets her gums massaged and is a happy camper, the wash cloths half wet and stuck in the freezer are a favorite also. So on Wed I walked from the living room carrying some of the trips socks to their bedroom, put them in the sock sac, was turning around to go back to the living room and I heard "thud, thud, wwaaa...." I raced to the stairs to find Aubrey laying on her back in the middle of our 15 stairs. I seriously skied down the step in my slippers to catch her before she hit bottom and I didn't get there till she had three steps left. Again I end up in tears and this time can't control myself. I scream at the boys and put them in time out. Go upstairs to cry with Aubrey and when I recollect I come back downstairs and we head out for a walk. Whew I hope it gets better. I can't take watching her roll down the steps and I can't police the gate every second. It only takes a second and things change in this house. So Miss Aubrey is doing great and tomorrow she will appear as Goldilocks alongside her brothers who are the three bears. Mom is coming to experience it with us and I can't wait!!

2 comments:

  1. Silly question. Why do you have a gate your triplets can open? They are still young enough for ungated stairs to be an issue. My top of stairs gate is staying up until at least age 4. I know my kids like to play at the top of the stairs and worry about an accident.

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, they couldn't open it until some fabulous adult that was visiting couldn't figure it out, broke it. We have a spring on it now that shuts it every time it is opened.

    ReplyDelete