I always think that someday I will be able to sleep through the night without having to attend to the kids. I am starting to acknowledge that it's not going to happen. Aubrey has slept through the night since she returned from the hospital with RSV at 2wks old. She goes to sleep at 9p and wakes up around 8:15am. Wow, what would it be like if the triplets did that!?
Around 1 am someone scooted me over and climbed up in bed. I thought it was Kaiden because he is notorious for that. Finally at 3 I had to haul them back to bed, but still wasn't sure who had invaded us. So I checked all the beds and found Tehl's empty. Ah ha, the little stinker now to remove him and get back to sleep. Sleep returned and I woke up to find Kaiden and Everett in bed with me. The phone rings at 7:50 am and it's Justin wondering what time he needs to be home so I can leave. I tell him 8:15. Holy cow we have to move!!!!! The boys make it to the kitchen, eat their oatmeal and I go get Aubrey. I have them all fed and two changed by the time he gets home and I head out the door to the Dr. I return home to find some little men telling me we are going "bye, bye". Ok I have put the recycle off long enough and tell them we can haul that to the recycle center. After dropping that off we make our normal drive through the John Deere dealership (I have to circle the lot three times). The people that work there know us and every time the burb drives through I am sure they call me the crazy mom. I don't care, I do what works and the best part is it's FREE. :) It makes them all happy and we head home to eat lunch.
By this time I can barely talk let alone drive. I have a horrible reaction to cold weather and my entire body breaks out in red itchy burning welts. Usually they go away after I am able to warm up, this time they lasted for 12 hours. I was dying for some relief and decided to take 2 benedryl. BIG MISTAKE! Oh my gosh I got knocked out! Thankfully it was 11:45 and I just finished feeding the kids when Justin walked through the door. I hit the couch and at 1:00 he wakes me up to tell me he is going back to work. I function for an hour, read stories, and put the kids to nap. Well, Tehl and Everettt decided they aren't going to take one. Agghhh not today, I need you to take a nap! Finally I set them in their chairs with a Baby Einstein video and I crash on the couch. I wake up at 5pm to find everyone still sleeping and the Benedryl has finally wore off. So BIG note to self. Do not take that unless you are going straight to bed.
Now I have to find something that will work to keep the hives away. It was 30 degrees today and our winter hasn't even kicked in.I have a feeling it's going to be a long one if I can't find something to help relieve the welts.
Tehl is VERY aware of where Aubrey is and what she is doing. If she picks something up to play with, he runs over takes it from her hand and says "no, no Aubrey sister have that". If she crawls into the kitchen he runs over stands in front of her and blocks her from going any further. The whole time he is saying "no, no Aubrey sister come in kitchen".
Everett tries to play with her and ends up rolling her all over the house. He isn't sure what to do so he just rolls her. Every time he gets her on her back she looks up at him and laughs. He laughs back at her and rolls her again. It's so fun to watch them interact.
Kaiden is aware she is around, but doesn't have any interest in playing with her yet. If she is with me he'll come over and talk to her otherwise he's good doing his own thing. At this point I wish Tehl was!
Sarah- I LOVE that you have a blog spot for your family! Your right this is way better then myspace. I really had NO idea that you had that much excitement in your life with 4 kids....I would love to just spend a day at your house in the back ground (kind of like the supper nanny does the 1st day). Your kids crack me up! I just love the Blackburn family!! sssssssssssss-Malorie just had to push a button!
ReplyDeleteHope you are having a great day!! -Nicole