I think we are in different phase now and I'm scared to say that because it's a good one! I'm scared because I don't want to jinx it. The boys have been doing really good on actually listening to me and I can't believe how many fights and misunderstandings have fizzled. They are understanding that I really am on their side and I do want to help. Aubrey is thankful too! I don't think she has been pushed down or run over as much. She doesn't just drop to the ground anymore when she sees the boys coming her way, she'll stay standing and has begun following them. Then, they decide they need to shoo her away and it's amazing how fast those tiny hips can swivel when she runs! She'll get a good distance from them, turn around and yell while shaking her finger at them. I sure hope they become friends before she learns how to talk!



Brode McAbee getting help by Jay Peterson



Yesterday we rolled through the day and it was so much fun. We hung out in the house in the morning and then after I returned from a city council meeting we headed to town. I needed a contact case and after looking at three gas stations and a grocery store the day before, we went to Alco. Nope they don't have such a thing either. So we bought the dog a new ball and went to Ace Hardware looking for light bulbs. After driving the rider mowers out front we go in. I tell the guy what I need and don't go in the light bulb isle because I know better. If I go, so do the triplets. He can't figure out why I am in standing in the main isle holding a conversation with him halfway down the isle. I finally say "I don't really want them in that isle" "OH", he says "I get it" and comes out to tell me they are $10 a piece. Umm, thanks we need three and I think instead we'll play in a dark playroom." Out the door we go and after riding the mowers again I think "ya, know the eye care place is only a block down the street. Lets walk." Again, lesson learned. I freaked the whole time and the boys ran around like banshees. They opened the mailbox next to the bakery, open and closed the screen door at Computers Plus and ran up and down the wheel chair access at the Post Office forever. Finally when they decided it wasn't fun to splat on the slanted cement anymore we walked back to the burb. This time I buckled them all in and we drove around the block to the square and went to the park. Aubrey loves it there just as much as the boys and it's amazing to see how much she can do at her age compared to the boys when they were that age. The wind was a bit cold and Tehl wanted to go to Emily's so we walked down there had an ice cream cone and walked back to the burb. Finally we headed home and had some supper. I am sure people that passed us on the street thought I was crazy for letting everyone walk so close to busy streets. How else am I going to know what we can/can't do if I don't try it? In all reality they kids did super. They were wild and crazy boys while walking, but they waited at the end of the sidewalk to check for cars with me and listened when I asked them to stop doing something. They don't like to get too far from me and that's a reassurance.
This morning we were getting ready and Everett says "I go Jackson's house Mom". I said "yup, today you are going to Jackson's". Big E "Mom, you go Dr's". Me "Yes, Big E I am going to go to the Dr's while you play with Jackson, that will be fun!". Big E "Mom, we go bye-bye in mowning, eat wunch and go to Jackson's house, you go to Dr". Nothing gets by this kid! I had mentioned to him last night that I needed to go to Judy's then we'll eat and I will drop them off to play with their buddy. It is amazing to watch their little minds remember things in sequence and then to remind you that this is what you said. I followed through and they were so ecstatic to go play with Jackson. I think it helps that he has every Thomas train car out there, a gigantic fire truck, John Deere dvd's that work, and Lightening McQueen cars. Every little boys heaven. They were full of information of what they all played with and Tehl loved the firetruck. I am so glad that they are excited to be left with someone and Jackson's mom Beth has been a Godsend.
I called on my way home to ask her if she liked the idea of having quads. Remember all four are doing the potty training thing. Bless her heart, she laughed and says "oh my gosh, they have been so good and all four went in to go potty". She had to defend a couple of them so someone didn't sneak in and flush their pee. I laughed and asked if anyone got beat up for flushing someone elses pee. They all did great and I am glad she has the patience to let them come play...and take them to the bathroom.
Everett was excited to come home and tell Daddy he got a jelly bean for pooping on the toilet. Aaahhh the memory builders, right? Fun times!
I did come home to find a really cute plant on my doorstep. I couldn't find a note and would like to thank whoever left it for thinking of me. It gave me a warm fuzzy and freaked me out, because I don't have a green thumb. Justin said he'll take care of it and in a few months we'll have to transplant it, it will be doing so good! Thank goodness he's here. He did have his branding on Sat and here are some pictures. Everything went great, no accidents and they were done headed back to the house for lunch by 11:30. Hope we can say that when all the kids and I are horseback and dragging calves. ;)
Brode McAbee getting help by Jay Peterson
BJ McAbee is the little man getting some help holding his calf down
Aubrey and her cousin Morgan
These pics are from kids fair:
Kaiden in his bubble
Everett was in his bubble. If you look behind him Kaiden is pretty proud about popping E's bubble
Tehl could barely wait for me to snap a picture, his fingers are at the ready
We have a pic of the triplets on this fire truck when they were in their infant carriers
No comments:
Post a Comment