This morning I woke up and jumped in the shower trying to beat the boys getting up. I put my contacts and lotion on the bathroom counter since I would need them. I am in the middle of my shower and Everett walks in the bathroom soon followed by Kaiden and Tehl. They are dinking around and I look out to see what they are laughing about. All three of them have their hands and face covered in lotion and they are asking each other if they need more. I tell them to rub it on their arms and tummies and I will be out in a second to wipe up what is left.
I hop out and get them wiped up. Grab for my contact case and it's gone. I ask "Where are my contacts?". Everett says "unda Tater Mom" (under Tater Mom). So I boot the dog out of the bathroom because it's way too small with all of us in there and pick up my case. I get the right contact in and find the left holder empty. Ugggg!! This is my last set of contacts and I can't get anymore without an exam. A $100 exam that isn't covered by insurance and $300 contacts because I have to order three boxes minimum. I really wanted this set to last a few months even though they are bi-weekly disposables. Oh well, we search the bathroom floor, I check their feet, and we don't find the missing contact. So I kick everyone out, get dressed, and make the oatmeal. As the water is boiling I get the boys dressed for church and Tehl thinks he needs help with every article of clothing. So we get his shirt and jeans on and I grab his foot to put his sock on. There it is!!! On the bottom of his foot up by his big toe. Yes, you guessed it I hauled him into the bathroom used my contact solution to loosen the contact without tearing it and tossed it back in the contact holder to be disinfected. I REALLY needed that contact, I was just praying it wasn't torn. It's a little cloudy, but I can see. :) So I will make the appointment to get my eyes checked this week and if nothing else maybe I can update my glasses.
hey sarah, your picture is too big and covers almost half of your blog entry..=)
ReplyDelete