Tuesday, April 14, 2009

This morning we had to go to Grocery Kart to return a Rug Dr I had rented and to re-supply the fridges with milk. Yes we have two fridges for our milk and eggs. We loaded up and headed to the store with the triplet stroller properly secured this time. Let me tell you about last time...
Last week I needed to go to the store, but I also had to get two car seats buckled back in before we could head out the door. There was nothing "normal" about my normal routine that morning. I had had a garage sale and I still had some tables up so I couldn't park in the garage. I had gone to Norfolk for the weekend taking two kids and leaving two so I needed to put the two car seats back in the car. I head out the door and tell the kids stand here and wait for me, don't come out in the garage. I am hurrying to buckle the seats in, get them done and head in the garage to get the stroller carrier. I get the carrier in the hitch, but can't find my wrenches to secure the bolt. I head back in the garage and have to again break up a fight because someone is pushing on the other as they are all four trying to look out the screen door. I can not find the wrenches and head back to the burb to see if they are in the hatch. On my way out I take the stroller and load in on the carrier since I am going out. No wrenches. I go get the kids get them in their seats so they will have some space from each other and know that they will not be left. Back in the garage I find some other wrenches and finally get the bolt secure. Wouldn't the simple hitch pin be handy at this point? Going to Orschelins to get the pin is simple, taking four kids in that love everything in that store makes my stomach queasy so I stick with the bolt. Anyway, as I am rounding the suburban to get in and my neighbor lady stops at the end of the drive to say "Sarah, you were out here when I went to the store are you already back or are you still trying to get left?" I tell her what is going on and she laughs driving away. Finally we head to the store. By this time the kids are past their snack time and ready for lunch, but I am going to the store no matter what so I swing through McD's get the kids some McNuggets. As I am pulling into the Grocery Kart I hear a loud thud and think "What the heck just fell off my burb?" I have no passenger mirror and because of the two car seats in back there is a small view. I drive around the parking lot to park facing the entry drive and see the stroller lying on it's side in the middle of the drive! I feel like a heel! What a dork, in my craziness I fail to fasten the strap on the $1100 stroller and let it fall off the carrier. Trust me it won't happen again!
So back to this morning...
We all get out, and the boys have their Veggie Tales tooth brushes they got for Easter. This is a fun tooth brush that plays a two min. melody of different songs. I thought it was a riot when I saw it at Wal-Mart and by the time we checked out I wanted to talk to the person the created them. I know, I know, I am the responsible person that bought them. Lesson learned!
Later in the afternoon we head to the park in the square. Everyone jumped in the Choo Choo wagon and walked down in the beautiful sunshine. As soon as we pull up, the triplets are bailing and running for different things to play on. I unbuckle Aubrey and she follows suit. We are playing for 12 minutes tops and Tehl starts running for Emily's (the local ice cream/sandwich shop) saying he has to go poop. I hurry everyone to follow and run inside. He sets his fish and his tooth brush (they don't use these brushes!) on the back of the toilet and hops up. Sits for 4 seconds and says "I no go poop, go poop at home". What!!!! You just made all five of us run here and now you don't want to go. I tell him we will wait outside the door. Doesn't work and we finally leave. Everyone loads back in the Choo Choo. We are in the middle of crossing the street and Tehl freaks out saying "My feshh and my tooshbuth in der". "Seriously?!" "Ya, Mom my fesh and my tooshbruth in der". Uggg, I turn around walk back in and of course all the ladies in there are laughing their butts off at me. I rescue the lost items and head back out.
We arrive at the park again and everyone is happily playing. Aubrey loves the slide and has discovered she is alone in the tunnel. She goes back and forth between them and all of a sudden I see Tehl running towards Emily's again. I think this potty training is for the birds and kids should wear diapers till they are four!!!! Kaiden and Everett are so good, they hop back in the Choo Choo and we run again with Tehl. Nope he doesn't go. I am exhausted and tell the kids, it's time to get supper started we need to head home. Three quarters of the way home I realize we are missing water bottles, ask if they left them and they say. Yes. Can you blame them? Tehl has another realization, he can't find his "tooshbruth"!! I at this point am praising God for passing it on to another child at the park at! We get in the garage park the wagon, load in the burb, and head to the park. The Moms there look at me strange as I drive up this time and get the water bottles, scour the park for the brush and get back in the burb. I can not imagine how many people in town think "those poor children have a Mother that does not have it together". If they only knew.
Back at home Tehl is so sad, not saying a word, but sulking and hurting. I try to comfort him, but he is frustrated. I am putting things away and get my cell phone from the diaper bag. As I reach in I see his toothbrush and say "look at what I found Tehl!" I show him and he breaks down crying. I can not believe how relieved he is to have it back and I feel so guilty for being happy it was gone. It's not so annoying anymore!
I can't imagine how boring our lives would be without these little miracles that make each day an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment