Monday, April 20, 2009

We were outside ALL afternoon today!! The sunshine was beautiful and it was 65 degrees so I decided we better mow the grass that was taking over the back yard. Right after Aubrey woke from her nap at 2 we headed to Trotter's to get the mower gas tank filled. We made it home and everyone bailed for the backyard. Kaiden pulled his big wagon and had Tehl and Everett throw toys in it to clean up the yard. I did the wonderful job that makes me love my dog so much...poop patrol, and then we were ready to mow. Aubrey sat right in the middle of the boys in the sand box. They filled their buckets and tonka's while she took it all in telling them what she thought. She has become quite vocal and uses her hand while she talks. I can't imagine how it's going to sound when she can actually form words!
Listening to the boys has been a riot. The other night I was standing outside the bedroom door after putting the triplets to bed. I knew it was useless to go to the living room they were too wound up to just lay there. So I stood there to make sure they at least stayed in their own bed. All of a sudden I hear Big E say to Jammers "I frow a nobawl in your eye!!" (I threw a snowball in your eye) Tehl replies "naw uh missed" It's quiet for a second and you can hear Big E thinking of what to say/do next. I am laughing hysterically that they even came up with it and hear Big E say he threw another one. Finally I say through the door "Big E no more snowball throwing, lay down and sing Tehl a song". Big E starts belting out Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I say "Big E you need to sing softly to Tehl so he can go to sleep". Finally he tones it down a few notches and does a great job singing the whole song.
Tehl has been doing great getting things from his brothers. He'll see something they are playing with and say "Pwees I pway with tat" (Please can I play with that) At first they'll try to tell him no I am not done yet, but Tehl doesn't give up. The other day Kaiden forked over his toy because he was so tired of listening to Tehl beg for it he thought "here just take it and go!". I wanted to hug him and thank him for us all, but thought I better just act like I didn't see anything. Kaiden would probably beat him over the head with the toy next time instead of being nice.
Kaiden has had quit the attitude the last few weeks and I sure hope it fades soon. Talk about the Lord teaching me patience. Whoo Hooo am I learning it from this child. Man. He is always the one I simply had to raise my voice with and his heart was broke. He hasn't had any patience and flat out refuses to even let us explain anything. Yesterday and Today were better so hopefully that means we are getting somewhere.
They boys are communicating with each other really well and it's so fun to listen to. Everett will ask Tehl "Tehl wanna pway downdairs?" Tehl "oh ya" and off they go. Kaiden follows suit so we all head down. Big E says "hue Tehl hue's your twuck, wanna pway wif your twuck?" Tehl "oh tanks". Kaiden comes over and Big E says "hue KiKi hue's your twuck" KiKi "oh tank you Big E"
Those conversations make my heart smile!! It's never long and then something happens to Tehl's truck and he'll say "oh cwap!" Now that makes me laugh! :) Big E is aware of what is in our mouth now and thinks he has been jipped on something. He'll say "whut dat in your mouf?" or "whut you god in your mouf?". It's hard not to choke on the peanut M&M I snuck because he asks it with his head cocked to the side and eyes squinted.
Oh what the months ahead will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment