Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Jelly Beans is up and walking!! She has been so impressed with herself and rightfully so. She has worked hard at getting the steps figured out and hasn't had much help from her brothers. Every time she takes more than 4 or 5 steps she realizes she is doing it and gets really excited. She starts laughing and screeching and then crashes. It is so weird to turn around and see her cruising around the house on her little legs. Maybe now she will work off those thighs!! Kidding they are cute and fun to squeeze. She has learned to wave and say "bye-bye" claps instantly when hearing "Pat-a-cake", can start moving to the beat the second she hears a song, and has figured out how to cry wolf when her brothers get too close! She is a smart little bit and is going to give us a run for our money. Fun times ahead! Please remind me of this when she turns 13. ;)

Yesterday we went to the grocery store and I opted not to take the triple stroller because #1: I was feeling lazy, #2: I had a list with little money so no lolly gagging #3: we have to quit using at some point right?? So we headed in with Big E in the cart, Aubrey in the front of the cart, KiKi and Tehl hanging on. We made it through the produce with one bag a grapes on the floor and as I turned the corner by the eggs Big E decides he has to go potty. Since we can't all fit in there I hold the door open so I can see Aubrey and help them each take their turn. We head back out and Everett decides he doesn't want to get back in. Ok, we'll keep going. We make it down one isle and in the second one they start running. I tell them once not to run out of the isle because they might run into someone. They don't get it. So I put them in "time out" and tell them they have to hang on to the cart for disobeying. I didn't know what else to do! So I tell them they can let go, don't run again, and stay by me I will tell you what you can put in the cart. My phone rings and as I shove my list in my mouth to grab for my phone in my purse, I answer it as I see Tehl charging to the end of the isle. It looked like he hit a brick wall! He smucks a cart and lands flat on his back. It's Mom on the phone I tell her I'll call her back and start yelling at Tehl. The poor lady that was driving the cart thought I was not winning "mother of the year" at the moment. Where was the empathy and hugs for my sweet child that just accidentally ran into her cart and got hurt??? Seriously!!! They aren't in me right now, sorry. I tell him "see that is why you can not run in the isles!". I check his head and tell him he is in time out again don't let go of the cart till I say. Then I laugh at the whole thing and think that lady is probably reporting me right now. I better enjoy the rest of the store. We make it through the rest of the way just fine and after making our regular round through John Deere we head home. Next time I will take the time to use the stroller. Confinement is so much easier!! :)














No comments:

Post a Comment