Sunday, February 8, 2009

If one more person asks me what I would do if I was the mother to the octuplets I am going to scream!!!! I have triplets, I am married, I live with my children's Father, I am content with the four kids I have, and you can bet we are doing EVERYTHING we can to not have more. I feel I am in no way like her. I don't know what my brother and his wife go through because they have twins and a singleton no more than they know what someone who has quads go through. Sometimes I just wish people would think before they speak! Having so many stupid things said to us and asked of us after having triplets has made me very aware of what I say to people. I try to put myself in their shoes and give them the benefit of the doubt, I am in no way perfect and I am sure I have said my fair of stupid things to people. So I will continue to grin and bear it. :)

Anyway, yesterday I hosted the first multiples meeting for Broken Bow. I have been waiting and waiting for someone else to put a group together and finally decided, if this is something I want than I need to just do it. So I called a couple ladies I know that have twins asked them what they thought and they were excited. So I cleaned the whole house up and down trying to get ready. I thought it would be fun to make some home made snacks and then decided, either the toilets get clean or the snacks get made. So I bought a fruit tray and some chex mix! :) Sat morning I wake up early and get ready before the kids get up so I can finish the cleaning I didn't get done. Everyone gets fed, dressed, and I keep cleaning. It's 9 people will be here in an hour! So Kaiden decides to go to the bathroom. We head in there and he gets on the toilet so I start doing my hair. I hear a weird noise turn to look at him and his peeing on the shower curtain!!! Are you kidding me?! He just watches it and does nothing to change it's course. AGGHHH! So I get him down open the window and pray it dries quickly. I light a candle to hide the smell and go back to the table to clean up the morning oatmeal. Tehl stiff legged walks over to me and says "pee in unerwars". Seriously! So I take him in, get him changed and head back to clean up the pee on the floor. Finally, I attack the table. Again. As I am wiping off the table I see Tehl's chair has a yellow puddle sitting in it. Oh geesh, why can't a normal morning happen? Oh ya, this is normal. So I clean that up, get Aubrey dressed and it's 9:45. Tehl says he has to go to the bathroom again so we head in there and he proceeds to pee on the curtain in the same place Kaiden did! What???? They have never done this before and it is truly an accident. Kaiden's pee is actually dried and now there is no hope in getting Tehl's to before everyone gets there. Trust me the curtain came down after the party and I go through clorox wipes like crazy!
As crazy as it started out it turned out to be a great get together. One of the ladies who has 7 mo old twin boys brought her 92 year old grandmother who has 62 yr old twin girls. It was so neat to visit with her and hear what it was like to have multiples before all our modern conveniences. I can tell you it made me feel like a whiner after listening to her! At least I had disposable diapers and I could refrigerate milk the babies didn't drink. We had a great time and everyone said they would love to do it again so that was encouraging.
At 6:30pm a friend of mine called and said "hey, will you go to a purse/jewelry party at 7 with me?". I was in the middle of feeding Aubrey and listening to the triplets all crying at once. I was thinking "are you crazy, I can't just up and leave!". So I tell her, let me see how things go and if they calm down when you get off work at 7 call me. I tell Justin what is going on and he says "bye, see you". He bathed the boys, we dressed them in jammas, I cleaned up the kitchen, changed and left. It felt good to leave! I had a great time, it was fun to get out and meet some other people. Jamie is too kind though. She did plenty calling and asking me to go, but she also bought me a super cute purse! I haven't bought a new purse in......I don't remember...I love it though! It looks like giraffe hide and it's tiny. Where would we be without our friends? I have been blessed with some great ones and I hope that someday I win the lottery to be able to provide them with anything and everything they need. I love you all, this includes my Sisters! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment