By the time I get through my day and try to write a post I can not even remember what happened. I do however remember this morning! Tehl was walking up the stairs and he gets to the third stair from the top. In his hands are a pickup and horse trailer loaded full of cars. Somehow he lost his balance and I caught him teetering just as I rounded the corner of the stairs to go up. I barrel up the steps to try to stop him from falling. He is teetering on his heels and if he goes backward he will go head first! So as I barrel up he falls and his toys fly, I catch him as he is in the middle of the stairs and my hands are on his rib cage and head. I am stretched as far as I can and as I realize there is a shadow moving I look up to see the loaded trailer coming at us. I know if I take my hand off Tehl to keep it from shmucking him in the head he will fall. Well, the trailer BARELY misses him, hits the step and flies up to catch me right in the middle of forehead. I swear that little "tink" made me just about wet my pants and cry like a baby. I was trying to get Tehl collected and reassured as I was curled in a ball on the steps taking it all in. I have a bump that has not let me forget what happened this morning!
Well, Tue morning I volunteered to watch the MOPS steering committee kids and there were 8 of them coming at 9. So we all get up at 8 and in my hast to start the water boiling for the oatmeal, I turned on a burner and walked into the pantry to get the oatmeal. The boys are all piling into their high chairs and are sitting at the table waiting when I round the corner back into the kitchen. Then I see it! There is smoke rising from the stove and I see my planner has caught fire! I scream "Oh my gosh Mom started a fire!!". Pull the planner and the burner cover off the burner and quickly put the tea kettle on the hot burner. I was SO mad I just the night before put the new burner covers on the stove and this year actually had a planner I was using ALL the time. Now the boys always say "Mommy start fire" whenever the oatmeal is made and I wish I would have never said what was going on! Hopefully I can get my planner replaced before the year is over, it seems simple tasks never happen around here and I don't want to smell that smoke the rest of the year! :) Have a great day!
Sounds like you guys are lucky no one was hurt any worse!! Hopefully you will have a wonderful incident free day tomorrow.
ReplyDelete