Monday, August 22, 2011

Off to Kindergarten...already?!

Well this last week was quite the emotional one for me. I had been saying for the last two months I am not going to cry when that school bus leaves I am going to wave and jump up and down and celebrate!! I don't know what happened to all that thick skin I had been talking about but it sluffed off without me realizing. On Monday I took the triplets to their first day of school and everything went great. I think their back packs are bigger than they are but they carry them fine and are so proud to have them. Aubrey and I left them in the hands of their awesome teacher Mrs. Griffith and we walked out. I got watery eyes pulling away but it didn't last long and Aubrey and I went to have a donut just the two of us.
After we got home I got Aubrey's bag packed. Justin's Uncle had passed away and they were leaving at noon to head to Witchita KS for the funeral. They left at noon and at 12:45 I drove to Merna to get the boys picked up since Tehl had a Dr apt at 2:00 to have xrays to see if he could get his cast off. We made it Kearney got the xrays along with a strep test since I was had just been diagnosed with it on Friday. The xrays showed some new bone growth and Doc wasn't ready to take the cast off just yet. He thought ten more days would do it good. Well, I had scheduled my fabulous annual ladies apt on the same day because Justin was going to go with us and take the kids when it was time for my apt. Since he left for the funeral I had to take the triplets with me to have a pap. I was going to have them hang in the hall since it only takes a couple minutes but the nurses were awesome they took the boys to their treasure chest and let them pick some stickers and toys while waiting. It all went great till just finishing my apt Tehl's Dr called my Dr (they are all in the same clinic) and told us to come back and see him. Tehl's strep screen was positive. Darn it, glad we caught it quick though he hadn't run a fever and wasn't complaining. I asked what I should do since they had all been in school that day. Dr said just give them the antibiotic and there's nothing you can do about it. So we are praying there was nothing spread and put all three of them on the antibiotic just to cover our bases. Finally we walked out of the Dr's office at 5:30pm and I thought I was going to fall asleep the second I got in the car. I was worn out and we still had to make the great Wal-Mart run to get the antibiotic. After Wal-Mart we drove through Sonic for supper and headed home at 8:45 getting home at 9:45. We all crashed!
The next day it was just the triplets and I so we got ready and headed to meet the bus. When that bus pulled away I lost it. I was so caught off guard! I think the realization of it all set in. I will no longer have my buddies to take on long walks or bike rides, trips to the museum and zoo are never going to happen now that they are gone during the day. I know we will have our nights, but they will be filled with supper and bedtime routine when they get done playing and unwinding from their school day. I really really loved to take them places and be with them. To show them all the things in this world. They are gone now, learning from someone else. I am so sad and so relieved at the same time. I didn't think I could break up anymore fights or listen to anymore whining. The constant aggravation they would put on each other was driving me up a wall. One minute they were playing contently and the next it was a knock down drag out. I am so happy for school it's just that now I know my boys are no longer my "little boys".
So Aubrey and I took them to school this morning and then headed to the horses. We rode and rode and rode! It was so great to be back in the saddle...well my rear feels differently but we are looking forward to riding Mon Wed and Fri mornings after drop off. I think I will clean Tue Thur mornings when Aubrey is at pre-school which she starts tomorrow. Hope I don't cry!

No comments:

Post a Comment