Tuesday, May 24, 2011

We had an amazing last five days...we started out on Friday morning skipping pre-school and heading to Omaha so Tehl could get to his asthma/allergy apt. We have had trouble pin pointing which is making him struggle more. The asthma or the allergy so we found a pediatric specialist that has been great and we are making progress. It is so nice to go to sleep knowing he isn't struggling to breathe or if he starts I can give him something I know will work. The Dr feels his lungs are smaller than normal and they are only working at about 74%. With outdoor activities coming on strong and his episodes getting closer together we need something figured out for his poor body. So we went to the apt and my amazing Mother meet us at the clinic so she could hang with the other three while Tehl and I were in with the Dr. Tehl is still extremely shy without his brothers around, it's weird to watch him like that when he is crazy loud at home. I am glad he isn't crazy loud in public! So we finished up with the apt and headed to Kohls then on to a graduation reception that was being held for Erin.
We make it to the reception area and the parking lot has a huge fountain that cars are supposed to drive around. The kids instantly get on the ring around the fountain and start running around it. I think "OOHH I want a picture" so I have Aubrey follow me back to the car to get the camera. We just get back to the fountain and Tehl is crying yelling at Everett. Tehl fell in the fountain! He tried to blame Everett for pushing him, but Tehl confessed later that he fell in all by himself and he was mad and needed someone to blame. What are brothers for right?
Thank goodness I didn't make it to Carol's where we were staying and unpack. I got some dry clothes took some pictures and headed in to eat some good food and see some great family. We had a good time and glad we were able to make it.
The next morning we got up and headed out the door at 9:30am, we dropped off the last car seat of six I needed to get sold at my brother Aaron's who was having a garage sale. Then we headed to West Point where I was going to meet up with a good friend I haven't seen in about 7 years. I was excited to meet her kids and see her place. We couldn't stay long because we needed to get to Pender (18 miles up the road) since I was doing a Thirty-One show for a gal there. The kids were all dressed in good clothes since we were also going to Mike and Kay's for Erin's graduation reception with family.
We get to Tanya and Ryan's at about 11am and the kids barrel out of the burb straight to the sand box. Perfect they can play while I talk to Ryan and Tanya and try to catch up...or so I thought! They started following a frog trying to catch him. We followed them around a barn by a couple round bales and stopped at a pick-up to lean on and talk while they chased. Well apparently all six of them followed the frog back by the pick-up and the three adults missed it. They followed back around the barn and into the corn field which has a large sink hole in it filled with water since it rained the night before. I heard Aubrey crying and came around the barn to find them all stuck up their knees in the mud with boots and shoes scattered in different places where the mud had pulled them off. Aubrey is wearing white leggings and flip flops. The flippers, as we call them, got stuck in the mud thankfully when she was in up to her calves and she hadn't fell over yet. I was so dumb founded I didn't know what to do! I just thought if I blink twice it will all go back to how it was. Clean kids chasing a frog. We were supposed to leave in 5 mins and there was no way these children were getting in my burb, I don't care whose kids they are! Thankfully Ryan and Tanya were with it. They trudged right in and started pulling kids out. Ryan says "well, looks like they are staying here while you go to your show". I felt horrible I didn't want to dump the kids on them, but I didn't really have an option. Ryan stripped them of their socks and jeans and told them to go have fun. And they did! They loved it! I took Aubrey's leggings off and she was fine so I took her with me to the 31 show. We were there just before it started and everything went good thankfully. When I got back Tanya had all their clothes washed and dried with no stains! What a great friend, I wish we lived closer and were able to get together more.
Finally at 5:30pm we headed back to Omaha to Erin's reception. It was great to see all the family and every one's kids. It was weird to see a bunch of tall kids playing kick-ball instead of a bunch of women giving bottles...when did these kids grow up? All except the hail storm that sent us inside it was a great night! We made it back to Carol's at midnight and I had some TIRED kids on my hands.
Sunday morning we slept in till 8:30 am, got packed and left at 10:30am. We headed to Henry Doorly Zoo and the kids we SO excited. Me too! We went straight to the food court since by this time it was 11:15 and it was pointless to start out with empty stomachs. Everyone ate great and off we were. It was so much fun to take them. They are finally old enough to really understand what the zoo is about and enjoy looking at the animals. They each picked out an animal to buy at the gift shop and after I scoured the parking lot looking for my burb we finally found it and headed out. My FAVORITE part was leaving the zoo parking lot and Everett pipes up and says "I love you Mom, thank you for taking us to the zoo" and the other three followed suit and said the same thing. Ya my heart was melting and smiling! By this time it was 4pm and I had starving kids. I thought well, lets see what Mike, Kay and family are doing for supper. So we met them at the Mattress Factory downtown had some great food, showed off our new animal pets, and left for home at 5pm. It's a good thing we dilly dallied around because some big hail storms went right through our path home and I'm glad I didn't have to drive through them.
Monday was the triplets last day of pre-school so the teacher was celebrating with a picnic in the park. Fun times! I can't believe the school year is over but I am excited to spend the Summer days with them. Going to the zoo, the park, on walks/bike rides, pool, and museum are a riot at this age. It will be a good time.
So Tuesday rolls around and I think we all slept in till 9am, we were still beat. I finally got up made some pancakes and started on the never ending piles of laundry that were staring at me. Before I knew it, it was 1pm and the twins that live behind us came over to play. Then my sister Debbie calls and says she is headed to town and will stop by. So the six kids have been playing together for three hours and Debbie, Sterling, and Morgan come by. Morgan stays while they are going to run errands and they were not gone for three minutes I swear when Everett comes up the steps with paint on his feet. I stared at his feet for five minutes thinking is that really what I think it is?? Morgan was as dumb founded as I and she saw it happen!. I barrel downstairs and sure enough a can of paint has been brought into the playroom which is the only room in the house that had new carpet. It's a paint that the gal who had lived here before us used to paint the counter tops with. It is 4 I have to leave to take the triplets to t-ball at 5 and get them showed and dressed for pre-school program/graduation and be there by 6:30. I don't have time to clean up paint! This room is 25 foot by 16 foot so replacing the carpet is out of the ? at the this broke time of our lives. So I called the insurance agent to see what my options were then called the carpet cleaning company to see what I should do. I cleaned up the paint sitting on top of the carpet and put a wet towel over the rest so it won't dry and will try to shop vac is up with water tomorrow. Yep, that's how I wanted to spend my day! :) So Justin made it home just in time to take the triplets to t-ball, I sent the twins home, Debbie picked up Morgan, and Aubrey and I left to get a teachers card and graduation presents. We made it the graduation 25 minutes early with our treats and little smokies to share and had a great night! I am so proud of the boys they all sang this time! It was a great day all in all I did beat the laundry and hopefully I can attack the rest of the house tomorrow...right after I clean up that paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment