Thursday, May 26, 2011

Wow! We rocked today. This morning I woke up at 7:15am to an Aubrey hogging my pillow, so I decided I just as well get up. The house has been calling my name to be put back in order so I went straight to dusting, the kids got up around 7:45am so after some pancakes and cereal we started vacuuming. Amazingly we made it downstairs and got the all the toys put away. The kids love to help vacuum so Everett started downstairs while I went back upstairs to start cleaning the bathrooms. First I washed the daycare kids bedding, it was starting to walk I think! Finally, I made it in to get all three bathrooms done. Then I headed back downstairs to see how Everett was coming along. I helped him out a bit then he moved in to get the toy room vacuumed. Finally, he finished and passed it on to Kaiden who was wanting to vacuum the stairs. I hope they will always want to help out! While Kaiden finished the stairs I mopped the kitchen. For most of the morning the kids were out front playing riding their bikes and cars in the driveway and on the sidewalk. I just park the suburban across the bottom of the driveway and then they can't ride down the drive into the street.
While I was cleaning the living room earlier I could hear them out there playing and would check on them. The one time (at 9am) I looked out and said "hey, what are you doing?" Kaiden looks at me, puts both hands up in the air by his ears and says "we're just delivering beer to Rose". What??! Rose is our wonderful 78 year old neighbor who lost her husband Wayne in Jan. I was so thankful she wasn't home, but had to laugh because I know Wayne would have loved it. They had Miller Light in their wagon and in the back of the trike. They unloaded it all, put in on her porch and knocked on the door. Too funny! The beer was left over from Christmas so I finally just took it to the trash and headed back in to finish the cleaning.
We finally got the entire house cleaned so at 3 we headed out the door for an ice cream treat at Runza. When the kids eat a kids meal there the bags their food comes in has a coupon on it for a free ice cream. So during the week we use those, buy a large fry, and a large $1 ice tea and have a great snack for $3.20! After the ice cream was gone we drove home to walk down the street to the city square so we the kids could play for a while. Then Justin had to come pick up Everett's battery operated pick-up since the battery died when we got there. Good thing he made it home, sometimes he gets home at midnight now that he is selling insurance across the state. Just as I finished making supper the day care kids came at 5:45pm so we all ate and the kids went back out to play while Justin mowed the yard.
A great day! I wish I could get this much accomplished once a day every week. I'll take it while I can get it I guess. I still haven't made it down to get the paint cleaned up with the shop vac so it looks like we are going to be replacing some carpet. I have a wet towel over it so it won't dry, so we'll see if I can get to it tomorrow before Serena gets here for the weekend horse show she is competing at.

No comments:

Post a Comment