Well since Feb it seems I have been on an antibiotic for something. A couple weeks ago I had strep throat and was just getting my energy back when I started feeling crappy on Friday. I thought "great now I have a head cold coming on". By Sat morning I knew it was a sinus infection and was not about to make a third trip to the ER for me in less than 8 weeks. So I waited it out till Monday morning at 9am when I dropped the triplets off to pre-school, and went to see the Dr. Yep, sure enough it's a sinus infection. My head hurt so bad I wanted to crawl in a hole. At the same time I think the kids have been secretly swallowing energy pills. I try to be with them through the day and I end up on the couch. So they end up climbing on everything and jumping off. They turn the ceiling fans on and see what they can throw in them. They have been wrestling and chasing each other endlessly. I know if I was able to just sit down and pull a game out they would be fine. They are bored and looking for something to do to keep busy, what kid doesn't? Finally today I feel a little relief. I slept for about 15 mins after lunch and literally had to drag myself off the couch to get moving. The kids were being crazy and needed some direction so I split them up into teams of two, sent two downstairs to drive trains for awhile and two upstairs to drive trucks. This went well and they were actually interacting and playing together for a bit. At about 2:30 it all went crazy again and I knew we needed to get out of the house. All I can say is thank goodness we have Runza. I had a few free ice cream coupons left so we headed out to have snack at Runza and get out of the house. We had a great time and the kids were funny but not crazy. I thought, I just as well make a quick run to the grocery store since I am here. That was where they got crazy and I thought I was going to loose it. I think I counted to ten twice while in the store and left with milk, bread, and eggs. We did not need to stay in there any longer than necessary today that's for sure. By the time we made it home, I didn't care how cruddy I felt, I knew the kids needed some serious physical activity. I said let's go for a bike ride. I still don't have a bike so I walked helping Aubrey with her bike and by the time we were headed home they were all tired!! I was too, but at least the kids got some fresh air and a good energy release. I think the medicine is starting to kick in because I am blowing my nose every five minutes and starting to have some of the pressure release. I am ready for our usual day of no sickness.
Actually today was kindergarten round-up for Broken Bow. Aubrey cried and cried because she couldn't go, but was better when she realized Dad was going to take her to Westside Bakery. I took the triplets to K round-up and found out what their day will be like next year. We still aren't sure if the kids will go to Broken Bow or Merna. Broken Bow has a mandatory policy that multiples must be separated. Merna only has one class room per grade so it's not an issue. I am very frustrated because I feel the parents should have a say in whether the multiples should be separated or not. I don' t want them to stay together because they are triplets, I want them to stay together because at this point they don't function without each other in a new setting. For crying out loud I just got them to go to Children's Church two months ago and they go together there. Some people think they need to learn to be individuals ~ I have ALWAYS seen them as individuals. They all have very different likes/dislikes and personalities. Some people think just separate them and they'll be fine, they'll adjust. Seriously? Send them to a new school, with new teachers, new everything AND take away their sense of security. No thank you. I have no qualms separating them in first grade because they will be a year older and they will know the teachers and the building. They will understand what school is and what the day is like. If you can give a child a sense of security they are going to excel that much more. I don't understand why you want to take that away from them. I know in my heart Tehl will regress if he is separated. I will not spend every morning shoving him into his classroom telling him to deal with his new surrounds and expect him to make friends and learn when he feels scared in what I have forced him to do just because some person with a degree happens to work at the school and says my triplets can't be together. So the teacher says, "well, maybe we can put two in one class". Really??? And that would help how? So the third one can come home everyday to hear what the other two are doing in their room and wonder why he can't be with them. He's going to wonder what he did wrong to be separated. I know a million multiples have been separated at kindergarten and survived. I have also talked to some of them and for one multiple it was no big deal for her sister she said it was horrific, she cried everyday and just wanted her sense of security back. I am their Mother and I feel it's my job to make decisions that will help my kids for the better. I truly feel in my heart that they need to be together for one more year. Now it will just come down to deciding which school to go to. Merna's K round-up is May 2nd so we will see how that goes. For now I will quit rambling, leave this decision in the Lord's hands and try to get some sleep. Hope you are all well and having a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment