Well this last month has been crazy, but what part of raising triplets and singleton isn't going to be? What part of raising kids one alone or more isn't going to be crazy? That's why we love it right! I have a horrible memory and the biggest drive behind this blog is to be able to come back and read the details of what we have lived. So some of the details from this last month are below:
Around the second week of February we were all hit with flu like symptoms that lasted about 24 hours. Tehl started on Mon night at 5:30 and by 8:30 pm I joined him. We were both getting sick every half hour and I was trying to help him without getting sick myself. Finally around 11pm Tehl quit and I quit around 3 am. I woke up at 4:30 am to Everett sick in the bathroom so I helped him a couple of times. By morning I was beat so I was trying to nap with one eye open and before I knew it Kaiden comes into the living room and says "Mom, come here and see what they did." When I checked the clock only a half hour had gone by and from the looks of Justin bathroom you would have thought a full day had gone by! I walked into the utility room and there was red and blue sharpie marker drawings all over the front loading washer and dryer, it trailed into Justin's bathroom which is WHITE all over. Well, it was. Aubrey and Tehl traded a blue and red sharpie back and forth creating a mural. I was so amazed at the details of the drawings and the correct spellings of all the names, plus a little sluggish that I couldn't be mad. It seemed everywhere I looked there was more and the detail made me proud! I was able to use the magic clean eraser on the washer and dryer to get the scribbles off, but the bathroom needs some Kilz and paint.
On Fri of that week we went to Franklin to my brothers because I had a Thirty-One show there. We had a great visit and it's so fun getting the cousins together to play. I was still feeling a little slow, but thought btwn being sick and gone, I am just tired. So I decided everyone needed to get good sleep and told Everett he needed to sleep in his own bed instead of in the spare bed in Aubrey's room. He was broken hearted as I tucked him in that night and as I am giving him a hug and a kiss he says to me "If you don't let me sleep in Aubrey's room I will not stay here when I grow up!" I tried and tried so hard not to laugh, so under my breath I contained it till I left the room. He is always saying how much he loves me and when he grows up he won't leave me. It was the last thing I expected him to say and he was trying to make his case for sleeping in the other room. I love the things kids come up with!
By Thur I was still feeling sluggish and Mom had called to see how I was. I told her I have constant chills and feel like I can't get my energy back, I had lost my voice with no cough or runny nose. I had three or four Thirty-One shows booked for the weekend so she said, "I will just come out today so you can rest and be better and be able to do your shows." I watch a baby during the day and when he went down for his nap at 10 am I layed down on the couch while the kids watched a movie. At 1 the baby still hadn't woke up which was odd because he usually wakes up around 12 eats and plays. I knew at that point if he woke up I wouldn't be able to help him much. So I called his Mom and she came to pick him up. When she came, Tehl was sleeping on the couch, and the other three were outside playing. It was cool out around 32, but they all had their winter coats on and were fine. Then when the Mom came in to get her baby I heard the outside water turn on. I am laying on the couch and thinking. Oh my gosh, I have to get up and get them in the house! She leaves at 1:45 pm so I go in the utility room and open the window above them. I still have no voice and I am crying asking them to come in the house. They are confused at my crying and no voice since they have never seen it and think I am playing with them! I knew if I went outside I would not make it back in the house so I go to the patio door and sit on a chair telling them to come in. Of course by this time they have all been sprayed by the hose and are wet. Finally Everett comes in, Kaiden turns off the water and comes in, and Aubrey follows suit. They all get changed into dry clothes helping each other and I call Mom to see how far away she is. It is now 2 pm and she says she has just left. I already called my neighbor to see if she could come help me get the kids inside and she wasn't home so I call my MIL at work and she comes to get the kids and take them to her house so I can rest. When I woke up Mom was here but I could tell I was worse. It was 5:30 pm and I have her take me to the ER. It was all downhill from there and I stayed five days in the hospital for severe dehydration, pneumonia, and internal infection in and around my gall bladder and liver. The infection is viral and they don't know where it came from. 13 bags of fluid later, a horrible reaction to Demerol, Aubrey's third birthday, and 5 days later I left the hospital.
We headed to my sister Serena's a couple of weeks later because she and her husband bought a new house. It was great to see them and they have a wonderful place! The kids played forever in an empty enclosed horse trailer and had so much fun. Aubrey loves her Uncle Josh and decided she was just going to stay with Everett because he was not leaving Aunt Serena. Made me smile so we stayed until Monday then headed home, a fun fun weekend!
Today it was a wonderful 73 degrees so the kids were playing outside while I cleaned up the kitchen. Kaiden runs into the kitchen and says "Mom come see what Aubrey did!" I'm starting to dread that request! I go outside and she pooped next to the slide! I am not sure what to do because she is running around playing like nothing happened.
I love this crazy life!
No comments:
Post a Comment