You know how a hamster uses a wheel to keep busy? Aubrey needs a hamster wheel...in a cage. Just so I will know that where she has been left, there she will still be.
Today is Saturday.
On Friday I left to host a Thirty One show stay overnight at my brother's house in Franklin, host a show there Sat morning and head home. On my way home I stopped at Earl May picked out our gorgeous new Christmas tree, and continued on to some other stores to finish my Christmas shopping. Mom came up to stay with the kids since Justin was taking in opening deer season in KS with a buddy and his family. I stopped in to see my wonderful friends the Korth's and headed home. I was smiley on the way home. I felt like the Grinch whose sleigh was was stuffed to the brim with gifts and Christmas goodies. The car was loaded to the hilt, the Christmas tree was strapped on top, and I was singing Christmas carols the whole way home. I couldn't wait to get there and share all my excitement with the kids and Mom. We needed to chop the bottom of (OH MY GOSH I DIDN'T WATER THE TREE AND IT'S 4 HOURS LATER!!!!!!!!) ....finally accomplished the watering task sorry for the interruption. I didn't have a saw to cut the bottom of the tree so I called our friend Nate to see if he did. I failed to remember he is a Sr in high school and it's Sat night, he is not home. So his Dad says "I'll be right over". Bless his heart, he was here and gone in eight minutes! So we bring the tree in, put it in it's stand and I know I headed to the kitchen to get the water pitcher but somehow got derailed. The next thing I remember is trying to busy a couple of children so we can get this project moving. So I tell Aubrey and Everett to get in the bathtub, I come out of the bathroom and see Tehl walking through all the tree debris so I pull the vacuum out and vacuum up the living room. I am just shutting it off when I hear a bunch of yelling and Mom is looking at me with that "look" saying "you better come check this out". I head to the bathroom but before I get there I see the carpet in hall is soaked coming from the bathroom. I swing the door open and there is an inch and a half of water on the floor! Mom was downstairs using the restroom when she saw water gush down the walls and start dripping from the ceiling. She runs up the steps and gets me.
Apparently Aubrey thought her tub was sinking so she starting bailing water over the edge. Everett says she acted alone, and he simply played while she did it all by herself. I am so thankful Mom was here when this happened because I am sure I would have started crying. I didn't know where to start so I ran and got the squeeze mop to soak up the water. I could tell Mom was looking at the mop like "seriously, you are not going to mop up this lake with sponge". I looked at her and said "I don't know what to do, but this is going to take forever". She looks at me and simply says "a towel will to wonders". Wow, good thing we didn't have a fire, I would have been fried! So I grabbed all the towels gave her half and headed downstairs to clean up that bathroom and the storage room since the water traveled through the duct work and was leaking out of the seams.
We finished baths, books, and set them to bed. A project we started at 7:30 and finished at 10pm. I thought baths, books, and bed were simple! So finally I sit down to help Mom on her laptop while working on this and realize I didn't water the tree yet.
When I came home at 6:30 I set all the bags in my room and shut the door. Somehow btwn then and 7:30 Aubrey went in there and emptied all the bags on my bed. Then she dumped out her bubbles in the kitchen, disassemble a few ornaments, put all her dolls in the infant swing and turned it on (I found that when I finished watering the tree), she also managed to empty a drawer from the computer desk. I swear to you within this hour she was right next to me the whole time. If she has a wand I would love to share it, but since I know she doesn't I think a hamster wheel would be perfect for her.
Everyday there is something that happens to me that makes me feel like the mouse in the book "If You Give A Moose A Cookie".
No comments:
Post a Comment