Tuesday, September 7, 2010

We have had a great Summer, but I am so glad pre-school has started for the boys. They go MWF 9-11:30 and it's great for us all. Before returning to school on Aug 30th we made a few more road trips that just happened to cover both ends of Nebraska and one more down into KS.
On Aug 10th we made a quick trip to Omaha. A lady from Iowa called and said she wanted to purchase my triplet stroller so we drove to meet her halfway. We met her Aug 11 and as I was getting all the kids ready to go we did the usual. Bathroom, shoes, caps, door. Well, Aubrey has been potty training so I take her to the bathroom and her diaper is wet so I set her on the pot and throw her diaper away. When she is done, I pull up her skirt and tell her to go to the living room and we'll get a diaper on. So we shuffle everyone out the door and load up to meet the new family. We get to the Hilton hotel and the lady falls in love with the stroller. I show her how easy it can load on the back of her car and she says OK I will just get you the money. She is leaning inside her vehicle, my kids are getting in mine, I look at the my beloved stroller on the back of someone elses car and tears start rolling down my cheeks. I am trying to get it together and she turns around to hand me the cash. Of course I have completely caught her off guard and she asks if I am going to be OK with selling it. I have to be, what am I going to do with the thing! She is super sweet, gives me a hug and we say goodbye. Thankfully my Aunt Carol is with us and she too gives me a hug and says come on let's go! I wanted to look at NE Furniture Mart so we tell the kids we can get a drink there. We get our drinks and since we can't take them through the store I ask Carol if I can do a quick Christmas purchase. I get it done, come back just in time to hear Aubrey say "I go potty on my leg". What!? Oh my gosh, I forgot to put a diaper on my child!!! I have never ever forgot a diaper. I could not believe it. I am so glad that my Aunt has a great sense of humor and she dies laughing. We get to the bathroom and take care of poor Aubrey, then head to Carol's house. We left the next day for Broken Bow where I needed to work a Thirty-One Show for a customer and packed to go to Alliance the next day.
Gramma Neen came to Broken Bow to go to Alliance with us and that made travel great. We were able to get to my sister's by noon and we took in the sights. We happened to go on the same weekend they were dedicating the new Veterans cemetary so there were lots of events taking place. We had a great time spending time with them and I wish we could go more, it's just hard when you have nine brothers and sisters to visit. We made it home and three days later my sister and her husband from KS came up to help my sister in Comstock get her house cleaned. Debbie has been doing a complete home re-model for eight months due to a water line breaking the day after Christmas and when we can get together to help we do. We got a lot done and fun at the same time.
Aug 26th we left once again to KS to visit Justin's brother and dad. My brother his family, and my sister with her husband also drove down. They wanted to ride motorcycles and shoot prairie dogs. We had a great time Friday night Justin's brother turned 40 so we had a good group of his family there and Papa grilled rib eyes. Sat the wind blew 45 miles an hour and it was horrible, no shooting and little motorcycle riding. I felt so bad they all drove so far and couldn't do anything but fight the wind. We kept thinking Sunday will be better. Nope it was the same so we left too and we had planned to stay through Monday, but the wind was horrible. We still had a good weekend and glad we were able to get down one more time before Fall hit.
We took the kids to their first day of pre-school and they were glad to be back. Me too! They really wanted more and I couldn't get it done. Thank goodness for Miss Pam!
On September 1st I started watching a 7week old baby boy. I was a little leery how it would go and it has been great! He is a cute little man and it helps pay for pre-school. I can not believe how crazy my schedule is this month and I hope I can keep up. As I type this tonight, Justin is in the hospital with pneumonia and they are testing him for pertussis aka whooping cough. Hopefully, he will be home tomorrow and getting better soon.
I still can't believe how the kids have grown. Tonight when giving hugs and kisses to bed, Kaiden says "I just don't like other kids' Mom's I only love you" My heart was so happy!! Yesterday Everett brought me a piece of paper with a message he scribbled. I asked him what the message said and he said "it says thank you for washing all our dishes, thank you for folding our clothes, thank you for making us food, and I love you much." I truly felt like the best Mom ever. Then Tehl the other day out of the blue yells to me downstairs through the floor vent upstairs "I love you this much and thank you for the food you make!!!!" I laughed so hard because they were busy playing and I did not expect it. Little Miss has done the same she woke up the other day and as I was snuggling her she says "I wuv you dis much Mama, tank you". Wow, I know this will not happen when they are 13, but I really do pray it does! I love their fascinating minds and hearing their laughter. I have been blessed with these children beyond my wildest dreams....even if they do toilet/dog food experiments. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture. it is so good!! Hope justin is better and call me if you need anything. Love ya dear!!

    ReplyDelete