My kids are getting so big! We had a wonderful day today and I am so thankful I am able to stay at home with them. We started the day out with our normal oatmeal for breakfast. I used to alternate making them french toast, pancakes, scrambled eggs, and oatmeal. I thought that gave them a good variety and they wouldn't get tired of one item. Then my husband introduced them to syrup. Sure, most normal people think french toast and syrup go hand in hand. Well, it doesn't when they are too young to know the difference and still eat the food and I am the one that has to get syrup out of triplets hair, clothes, and everything else imaginable. So I nixed the two and stuck with oatmeal and scrambled eggs. They have had oatmeal for just about every breakfast for over two and half years and still ask for it. Thank goodness! It's the easiest thing to make and clean up is too. I used to make it before they woke so it was ready to eat when they came out of their room otherwise I had to deal with three starving kids. Not fun...and tiding them over with a few Cheerios doesn't work because one box is gone in three minutes and they are no longer hungry. :) So now I wait till they wake up and ask them what they want.
They eat their food, go get dressed, and start playing. Everett likes to have his clothes all picked out the night before and hangs all the shirts on the dresser knobs. He does a great job and always asks "What are we doing tomorrow?". If I tell him you have pre-school he gets the school clothes, if I say hanging at home he gets the comfy pants. What a helper! This morning we all got dressed for church while Justin nursed an upset stomach. Aubrey went to nursery and the boys sat through the entire service with barely a word. I was so proud of them. I was quick to thank them for their behavior and told them they did awesome. I remember times going to church and vowing never to return. Thank goodness for progress! When we came home I checked to see if Justin was sleeping or awake before all the kids came trouncing in the house and woke him up. Sure enough he was out so we left. I wasn't sure where we were going we were just going. I took the kids to Pizza Hut to eat lunch. Most people on a Sunday afternoon would order the buffet, but it was much cheaper to order the $10 large pizza so I opted to wait for our food. I tried to entertain them while we waited, they colored, we chatted and they kept saying "I'm hungry". Finally, I went to the buffet and filled a plate with chicken Alfredo to give to Aubrey. Whew, that helped. Aubrey and Everett ended up eating it all and finally the pizza arrived. Just as the waitress was going to set it on the table the kids realized their food was there and at the same time they all yelled PIZZA. Every head in the place turned, I was red as a beet. They all did great and finally everyone was full so we headed home. Gramma Anna had been to Cancun for the week so she came over to see us and give the kids some t-shirts from her trip. Aubrey was in dire need of a nap by the time four rolled around. Before we knew it the afternoon was gone and it was five. I started making supper and Tehl asks what are you making, I want to help. So he put all the ingredients in and helped me make supper. He loves to help cook and is quick to jump in when he sees me cooking. It is amazing to watch their personalities develop and individual likenesses come out. While supper cooked we headed to the playroom to clean up. Kaiden and Tehl were in the room before Everett and I were. When we walked in the room Tehl and Kaiden were picking up and putting all the toys in their correct bins. I wanted to jump up and down screaming "Thank you God!!!". Instead I walked in like nothing was different and started helping to pick up. I couldn't believe it, they stuck it out the entire time and never whined!!! I was so excited...can you tell. I told them how great they all did cleaning up and they were all full of smiles. Very cute to see. Anyway, they wanted to play Chutes and Ladders so we took it upstairs to play when we were done eating. The day went off without a hitch, I love these days...even though I can't recall when the last one was! :)
What a bunch of blessings:)
ReplyDelete