Today, Everett and Tehl said they wanted a grapefruit so I set them up at the table to eat. They like to do everything their selves so I cut around the meat of the fruit and let them dig it out. They did the best they could wiped their hands and hopped down to go play. I go to clean up the table and see there is a lot of meat left in E's so I start digging it out and yell "Everett there is still a lot of meat in this grapefruit, do you want it or can I eat it!?". Nothing. So I start repeating myself and as I am talking I hear a scream and "owie, owie Mommy I'm stuck!" I barrel into the living room and it's Big E. He has his head stuck under the entertainment center!!! What?! How in the world did he even get it under there? He says "I duss twing to hide wif my pickup unduh here". I started laughing and said "OK just a minute stay right there you are going to be OK". I run down the hall and get my camera, snap his picture then help him out. He rubs his head for awhile, but says he's OK. I really hope at some point I am not going to have to call emergency services to get my kids head unstuck from some place it is not supposed to be in the first place!
Aubrey has started sleeping in her toddler bed and not looked back. On Sunday the 13th I changed her crib sheet and asked her if she wanted to lay on her big bed so I put the mattress on it. She climbed up laid down and said "ni ni mommy" I was kind of dumb founded, but she was not budging! It was 2:30pm so I covered her up sang her "You are my sunshine" like I do EVERY time before she goes to sleep, said I love you and walked out. She never got up! I thought, you have got to be kidding me. So I left it her bed put together and at night she climbed right up and went to sleep again without coming out once! I have had problems taking her crib down since it has been up for four years, my tiny babies are getting so big. She walks around singing the ABC's with the boys not missing a beat. She understands everything we say/ask and will respond with a yes or no when asked a question. She is a delight to be around and can melt your heart in a second. She is onry and I love it! She swears she is one of the boys, however they remind her she is younger and can't do everything they do. The hardest is at night and pre-school drop off. She hates that they all sleep in one room and she is alone, and they all leave to school and she has to stay. I still think she needs a sister to grow up with and be great friends. I remember all the times my little sister and I would lay in bed and chat. And although we had separate beds, many nights we chose to sleep together. Justin however feels I will get over that. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment