My house looked liked I had been MIA for over a month, when in reality I only neglected it for a week. So this morning I finally had time to start cleaning it. The kids were hanging good by themselves and were watching Pinocchio while I vacuumed the upstairs. I got the living room, three bedrooms, and hallway done. Switched the attachments to do the kitchen and they headed downstairs. No big deal they play in the play room all the time. I finished upstairs and headed down to check on them. At the top of the steps I hear the computer beeping because an invalid key has been pressed as I get to the bottom of the steps I'm not sure if I should just turn around and act like I haven't even tried to clean the house or intervene and stop the madness. Tehl is perched at the computer chair hitting the keys like a mad man because he loves the beep it makes, Kaiden and Everett are under the computer desk. Kaiden is coloring with a red sharpie permanent marker and Everett has a black pen. Aubrey is just coming out of the playroom so I think she is innocent. ALL OVER the floor from the computer desk and into the playroom are Lima beans. I have four, 35qt. totes of dry beans that the kids play in (supervised play) and three of them are empty. Beans are in compartments of the desk, and everywhere they shouldn't be. So much for lunch. I ask what happened with the beans and all three boys say "Aubwee spewt da beans Mom". They know that the beans are to stay in the bean tote and I have never had a problem with them before, however our angel likes to see them fling around and so I have to take their word for it. I ask them to help me start cleaning them up and we can go eat. They had gotten free happy meals from McD's for their bdays and I told them we could go to McDonald's when the beans were cleaned up. Talk about incentive! They did awesome, we had the beans cleaned up and were headed upstairs before I thought we would be. Then I realized...where is Aubrey I thought she was just here helping? We get upstairs and her little body is perched on the counter with her legs stretched out she is COVERED in salt and pepper. I wanted to treat her like an illegitimate child at this point. I couldn't believe it! Behind me the boys are all saying "uh oh, no no Aubwee, Mommy Aubwee made a mess" All I can think is I just vacuumed the floor for nothing! So I ask the boys to please go in go potty, get socks and shoes on, and we'll go. I will clean this up while you do that. FINALLY we head out the door.
McDonald's was fine, and the boys thought it was great because we actually ate inside! Then they get their happy meals and are ecstatic to find a toy! Yes, this is their first happy meal. The downside is the toy shoots a plastic rod and now they play they are deer hunting/hunters. I ran a few errands and we headed home. They all barrel out the door and want to play outside and I think wonderful go get some energy released. Kaiden comes in a decides he wants to finish watching Pinocchio so I am getting it started for him and hear Everett yelling at me. I start walking out the patio door and see Aubrey in the middle of the lawn with no shoes and socks. She is frustrated but not crying. When I get to her I see she stepped in dog poop! She is trying to scrape it off with both hands and in the mean time she must have tried to wipe her hair from her face because it is smeared across her cheek. I try my best not to hurl and carry her to the steps. I ask Kaiden to go get me the baby wipes. Finally, she is cleaned, bathed, and put in pajamas and it's only 4:30pm. I love my daughter, but I thank God everyday that she does not have an identical twin!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment