The days following the boy's birthday are always more emotional for me than their actual birthday. I don't have their "birth" day written anywhere so I am going to put it here. This is going to be a long post so you really don't have to read it. I just want it in the journal. :)
I had gone into hard labor on Friday Oct 28th and after increasing the magnesium sulfate and turbutaline to the maximum amounts that were safe for the triplets and I contractions finally slowed. I called Justin three and half hours away in Broken Bow to let him know they didn't think they were going to get them stopped then called my Pastor. They both left and started for the hospital in Omaha. Not fifteen minutes earlier I had just talked to Serena and Mom who were coming up to visit me and bringing me my all time favorite Dairy Queen butter finger blizzard because everything was fine. They get off the elevator and see my nurse who thinks they know what is going on since they showed up. Since the nurse can't give out any confidential information they barrel into my room to find out what is going on. Through scared tears I fill them in and we hang on for the ride.
Thankfully the triplets remained stable as the contractions continued. Mom went down the hall to fill her water cup and ran smack into her pastor from First Christian Church in Norfolk, who of course was also mine before I moved. She asks him if he would be able to come see me. It was amazing to see him walk through the door and I can not tell you the wave of calm that came over me. He prayed with us all and then went back to see his grandson who was born at ten pounds plus due to gestational diabetes. Before I know it Justin flies through the door and it's only two hours later. I nearly had the kids right then! An hour later our pastor from Broken Bow arrived with a ticket in hand. I felt so horrible for him! He had driven through Lincoln and was speeding in construction to get to Omaha on top of it wearing his Oklahoma Sooners shirt the day before the Huskers played the Sooners!
to be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment