Sunday, June 7, 2009

There is so much we have done since my last post. We went to Omaha to my cousins wedding and it was beautiful. That is by far the most perfect wedding I have ever been to. She had a 5 piece string ensemble that played all the music and great decorations. The reception had a kids buffet and an adults buffet with center pieces that were elegant yet child safe. The weather was gorgeous and the pool was a riot. Seeing all my family was wonderful and I love to see my kids get together with their cousins like I used to, good times.
Then we had Aubrey dedicated at church on May17Th. We had the pleasure of lots of company and Lil Aubrey looked beautiful. However, she was not so impressed with the long dress as she kept stepping on the front of it. It hindered how fast she could run from us! Justin's Aunt Alice, Cousin Bertie, and 2nd cousin Natilie came to visit us and we had a great time getting to know them all a bit better. They are wonderful ladies and have a great sense of humor, their laughter is infectious and it made the visit so much fun!
On the Sunday we dedicated Aubrey we had the men that were here help move a wooden swing set to the back yard and we chopped down an evergreen tree. Ya! No more tree to mow around and dirty pine cones, but wonderful space for the kids to play. :)
My sister came in the following weekend for a horse show and ever since then Kaiden and Everett walk around on a cell phone and tell me they are talking to Aunt Beana. When she was showing she would call and let me know so we could load up and go watch and not have to be at the show all day with four kids to keep track of. Then they would hang up their phone and say "we go to bare gwounds to see Aunt Beana" (we go to the fair grounds to see Aunt Serena). So now every time I pass the fair grounds they think she is there, cracks me up! My Mom stayed the week btwn Aubrey's dedication and Beaners show which was wonderful. I love having her around and so do the kids. I am thankful she is able to come see us. She is 70 years old and still going strong!
Justin and celebrated our 7Th anniversary on the 25Th. To celebrate we bought fishing poles for Justin and the boys and went fishing, the weather was beautiful and the boys loved it. I think Justin had just as much fun as the boys. He decided not to put hooks on their poles that day as they didn't get the concept of not winging their poles around! We had a good time and the picture of Aubrey watching the ducks at the top of the blog was taken that day.
Finally the last weekend in May my brother Brian and his family came to visit. We had fun at the jump-a-roo, eating snow-cones, and playing miniature golf all compliments of Brian. He is big hearted guy and I appreciate his kindness. It was fun to be with his family! For the first time in a LONG time we got a sitter that can drive and stay out till midnight so we took advantage of that and headed out to eat/drink with Brian and Gina. I haven't laughed that hard in a long time and it felt good to get out.
In between all that here are some funnies that happened:
The kids and I went to the car wash just before the wedding to vacuum the burb due to mud from a branding. As I am unbuckling KiKi I feel his britches are damp so I say "KiKi if you have to go pee you need to go!" Then I think I am in the middle of a gigantic cement pad next to a busy highway, where is this kid going to pee? So I take him to the bay in front of the burb, stand him next to the drainage gate and say; you can go potty here, just hurry up. I walk three steps away to let him do his thing and turn to see where the other two are and they are all three peeing in the grate! Just then the seniors who have completed their last day of school drive by honking and waving in the Sr parade. Great! Oh well, I start vacuuming out the car and use only one session to call it good. I yell for the trips to come get in their seats and get their buckles on. Kaiden comes in and the other two haven't. So I yell again and Everett shows up. I say "where is Tehl?" Big E says with his hand in the air next to his ear "oh, he duss pooping by da gwate". "WHAT??!!" "He duss pooping by da gwate, Mom" "Get in the car and get your buckles on." I go over to the other car wash bay and sure enough there is Tehl standing next to the grate shorts at his ankles just waiting for me to wipe his butt. I am trying not to laugh as I tell him you can not poop here, when I am the one who told them to go pee there. I chalk it up to experience and say a quick thank you that I don't have to wash dirty underwear!
Last week as Big E was done going to the bathroom he yells "I pooped Mom, I pooped!" Yes, this is still a big deal at our house. So I head in there to help him and Aubrey barrels in front of me. She runs into the bathroom as Everett is standing next to the toilet getting ready to flush. When I round the corner he flushes and Aubrey chucks something into the toilet. Big E and I look at each other with eyes open wide and mouths dropped. She flushed a lighting mcqueen pez dispenser! Dang it. So we close the bathroom off and tell everyone to only use the other bathroom. Well, kids are kids and they forget. Tehl went in went poop and flushed it. I can not tell you how vigorously I plunged that toilet!! Thankfully no water made it out and the plumber was able to get the dispenser out in one piece. After the boys watched him vacuum the water out. I hope and pray that leaves their memories!!
Then we headed to Victoria Springs May 31st to take the kids fishing again. As I am helping Tehl with another bathroom emergency I hear Justin say "no, no Blue get back." He is helping Big E get yet another fish off his hook. I am trying desperately to help Tehl squat and not get pooped on so I never look up because I know Justin has the situation under control. Just as I get Tehl's britches snapped I look up, hear a splash in the water and see Justin going in. I think, Oh, my gosh a fish took his pole in the water! Nope. When he comes up out of the tall weeds he is holding a screaming Aubrey. I am so caught off guard I think my body went numb. I get her wet clothes off and wrap her in a blanket saying a prayer of thanks. I know things can happen quick, but that happened with-in a matter of seconds. I loaded her back in the stroller and we walked around a bit then headed home. It was a great day and the boys really like fishing, hopefully this Summer we'll get to do lots more!

No comments:

Post a Comment